Bullnose Forums

Fire Wall opening / hole?

FuzzFace2

The firewall oval hole was on all the 1985/86 trucks I have seen, whether it had and FBC, EFI or none of the above. Darth has a large oval plug there and I had considered using that to run my EFI wiring through. The 460 is big enough to require the wires to bend upward after passing through, and a bad motor mount would probably break or cut them. The EGR pipe runs very close to that area also.

I went with the later location, in the left kick panel area with the 104 pin connector underhood.

Wow I didnt even realize it was there on my dads truck, I just looked at a picture lol.

I didnt realize it was that hole.

The firewall oval hole was on all the 1985/86 trucks I have seen, whether it had and FBC, EFI or none of the above. Darth has a large oval plug there and I had considered using that to run my EFI wiring through. The 460 is big enough to require the wires to bend upward after passing through, and a bad motor mount would probably break or cut them. The EGR pipe runs very close to that area also.

I went with the later location, in the left kick panel area with the 104 pin connector underhood.

Thanks guys I looked at the truck again and it does look to be a hole for the feedback system and the computer was mounted to the lower edge of the dash.

As for the oil pan hitting the cross member I think the truck should be running a rear sump pan but that's me.

I tried to get VINs but that is a no go till the trucks are pulled apart more so we can see the dash numbers or the titles. Guess we don't really need them but I would like to know what the trucks started as as it should help down the road.

Thanks again

Dave ----