Bullnose Forums

Hello from New Mexico

SFBullnose

Hi All,

Just got a new to me 85 Bullnose and excited to join this community and learn as much as I can. I picked up the truck in Colorado and drove it 55mph for 4 hours back to northern NM. Its was the most fun I've had in awhile!

I've rebuilt other cars before (74 Galaxie, 84 Nissan Pathfinder, 06 Mini ) but this is my first Ford truck.

Hoping to get all the belts/fluids/hoses done, and then start on the interior/exterior. Driver side floor pans/rockers are gonna need a swap.

There is definitely a leak in the carb (former owner just bumped up the idle). Any places to get a good replacement carter yfa?

I'll probably rebuild the one on there.

Thanks and looking for forward to meeting you all !

Best,

Ajit

-785924266550737799.jpg.3884bacd27f885f404e93b82c75cbfa0.jpg

Welcome! Is it Ajit? Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

What part of NM? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Members Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to put you on if I had a town/city.

You are in good company here - there are lots of us that love the 300 six.

As for a carb, if you decide not to rebuild that one we'll have to dig up David/1986F150Six's info as he has one that works really well.

Welcome! Is it Ajit? Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

What part of NM? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Members Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to put you on if I had a town/city.

You are in good company here - there are lots of us that love the 300 six.

As for a carb, if you decide not to rebuild that one we'll have to dig up David/1986F150Six's info as he has one that works really well.

Hi Gary,

It's nice to meet you and thanks for welcome. Yes, my name is Ajit I'm in Pecos, NM.

Please put me on the map. Sure thing. I'd like to get a new carb and rebuild the one on it for a back up.

There seem to be a lot floating around ebay and rock auto, but a recommendation is always great.

Best,

Hi Gary,

It's nice to meet you and thanks for welcome. Yes, my name is Ajit I'm in Pecos, NM.

Please put me on the map. Sure thing. I'd like to get a new carb and rebuild the one on it for a back up.

There seem to be a lot floating around ebay and rock auto, but a recommendation is always great.

Best,

You are now on the map, and you aren't far from Sam/Swampedout.

On the carb, I'm sure David will be along soon to welcome you.