Bullnose Forums

Thoughts on a heavy hauler...

Ford F834

Thanks Gary, let the learning and entertainment begin as I pop open this can of worms!

The plan is indeed to use the engine/transmission from the red parts truck. I may opt to use a 460 ZF instead of the diesel one, but that, too, is something I already have. The DNE2 will be my chosen method of turning the 4x4 transmission into a 2wd .

The service bed is around a foot too narrow, so I don’t think there is any way to make that work. The tank is pill shaped, but has a built in integral fiberglass base. It just needs something flat to sit on and some good straps.

You have some work it sounds like but thats a great price for a solid vehicle. You can afford to modify it now.

This one will be built not bought, as they say.

A truck that someone has been driving is a lot safer bet than something thats been sitting and at the end of the day, any vehicle you get will have work it needs done. Once you sell the bed, youve really got a good deal.

Congrats! I probably wont have much to say to help you but Ill be watching to see how this develops.

And I might need to find out more about this shipping service.

Thanks Gary, let the learning and entertainment begin as I pop open this can of worms!

The plan is indeed to use the engine/transmission from the red parts truck. I may opt to use a 460 ZF instead of the diesel one, but that, too, is something I already have. The DNE2 will be my chosen method of turning the 4x4 transmission into a 2wd .

The service bed is around a foot too narrow, so I don’t think there is any way to make that work. The tank is pill shaped, but has a built in integral fiberglass base. It just needs something flat to sit on and some good straps.

Ok, I see what you are saying about the service bed. A full flatbed would be nice, but to get on the road maybe just a few 4x4's?

Is this a CNC or a pickup?

Ok, I see what you are saying about the service bed. A full flatbed would be nice, but to get on the road maybe just a few 4x4's?

Is this a CNC or a pickup?

Yes, this is CnC incomplete vehicle. As long as I have some type of fender coverage for the wheels and some lights I am sure I could makeshift a wooden beam structure to secure the tank to the frame.

Yes, this is CnC incomplete vehicle. As long as I have some type of fender coverage for the wheels and some lights I am sure I could makeshift a wooden beam structure to secure the tank to the frame.

LMC offers a 92-96 7.3 core support. Maybe it would work with the 6.9 (If your current one is too mangled)?

https://www.lmctruck.com/1980-96-ford/fd-1992-98-7-3l-diesel-radiator-core-support

LMC offers a 92-96 7.3 core support. Maybe it would work with the 6.9 (If your current one is too mangled)?

https://www.lmctruck.com/1980-96-ford/fd-1992-98-7-3l-diesel-radiator-core-support

Thanks. That’s good to know it’s available! The older ones are not. The Aeronose IDI wire harness is another story, but I will see how bad things are once the truck is delivered.

As I was looking over the truck to buy it, I had to shift gears a bit and quit tallying what all is wrong with this truck and start tallying is this $1,100 (delivered price) worth of parts. Especially with a utility body and Dodge 5 speed to sell off the bat I’m going to say yes it is.

Thanks. That’s good to know it’s available! The older ones are not. The Aeronose IDI wire harness is another story, but I will see how bad things are once the truck is delivered.

As I was looking over the truck to buy it, I had to shift gears a bit and quit tallying what all is wrong with this truck and start tallying is this $1,100 (delivered price) worth of parts. Especially with a utility body and Dodge 5 speed to sell off the bat I’m going to say yes it is.

Have you considered swapping the entire Bricknose cab over to the 450 chassis?

Seems like it would be easier than trying to patch that one up (and the harness is already there for the IDI)

Have you considered swapping the entire Bricknose cab over to the 450 chassis?

Seems like it would be easier than trying to patch that one up (and the harness is already there for the IDI)

The Bricknose cab is: #1-rusty, and #2-a supercab. Otherwise that might be on the table. I could try to source a whole cab, or a whole body, but the 1995 cab is clean, straight, and from CA with zero rust. I think it’s worth trying to make it work.

The Bricknose cab is: #1-rusty, and #2-a supercab. Otherwise that might be on the table. I could try to source a whole cab, or a whole body, but the 1995 cab is clean, straight, and from CA with zero rust. I think it’s worth trying to make it work.

I guess I was paying more attention to the kids playing in it than to the truck itself. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I've heard many times on the '92 - '97 FTE page that LMC has offers diesel core supports for that vintage. And every time I've heard that I've also heard it corrected that the "diesel" core supports LMC offers are actually gas core supports, and that no diesel core supports are available.

But that's just what I've heard...

I've heard many times on the '92 - '97 FTE page that LMC has offers diesel core supports for that vintage. And every time I've heard that I've also heard it corrected that the "diesel" core supports LMC offers are actually gas core supports, and that no diesel core supports are available.

But that's just what I've heard...

The picture shown in the link shows the deeper lower support for the much larger diesel radiator. If LMC is sending a gas radiator support while picturing a diesel one and listing it for a diesel, that's a huge issue.