Bullnose Forums

To Jet-Hot Or Not?

Today's update... with $3/gallon gasoline the coating will pay for itself in 66,666 miles. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I think you mean 😈

It's racing season, and if smoothing the inside of the header and keeping the gasses hot is good for 3%, or even .003 seconds per run, it's worth it!

What did Alan have to say about L&L's headers rubbing the frame?

I really despise fender exit headers that run out below the rocker, but at least they keep heat away from the starter.

Today's update... with $3/gallon gasoline the coating will pay for itself in 66,666 miles. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I think you mean 😈

It's racing season, and if smoothing the inside of the header and keeping the gasses hot is good for 3%, or even .003 seconds per run, it's worth it!

What did Alan have to say about L&L's headers rubbing the frame?

I really despise fender exit headers that run out below the rocker, but at least they keep heat away from the starter.

I probably meant :nabble_smiley_evil:, :nabble_anim_blbl:, :nabble_money-flying-23_orig:, and :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Didn't ask him about them hitting the frame. Didn't think of it. But the engine was sitting low on the driver's side. So I know I can shim with 1/4 plate and level the engine as well as get it off the frame - if I need to do so.

As for the racing, you are right. Any advantage and they'll take it. How much advantage did Penske gain by going to 4-bolt wheels over 5-bolt? Not much, but everything adds up.

I probably meant :nabble_smiley_evil:, :nabble_anim_blbl:, :nabble_money-flying-23_orig:, and :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Didn't ask him about them hitting the frame. Didn't think of it. But the engine was sitting low on the driver's side. So I know I can shim with 1/4 plate and level the engine as well as get it off the frame - if I need to do so.

As for the racing, you are right. Any advantage and they'll take it. How much advantage did Penske gain by going to 4-bolt wheels over 5-bolt? Not much, but everything adds up.

I always thought 666 was the mark of the beast?