Bullnose Forums

1984 F150 XLT 4x4 Short Bed Step Side in FLA. Storage Liquidation - $873

You could fly south, meet some of your Southern buddies, and drive back! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Well I'm still hoping to meet my southern forum buddies at some point and time! I'm working on it;).

I actually flew to Florida to buy a truck back in 2006. I was traveling to the US regularly with work in those days, and bought this lovely '97 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4 in St. Pete's and drove it back. I did it on the tail end of a work trip, so it didn't cost me anything out of pocket to get there. I'll never forget the trip. The US Exportation rules have since changed, but at the time you have to have the vehicle title to the US customs office 3 full days before you arrived to cross the border. Problem was...I got to the border in only 2 days, and then had to hang around podunk Maine for about 30 hours before they would let me go...lol.

The Canadian dollar was almost on par with USD at the time, and later did hit par, but it has made a complete switchback since then and is now back where it was 20 years ago. A US dollar costs me about $1.35 right now.:nabble_smiley_cry:

Still, I think about flying south to buy another truck all the time. I think a lot of us up here have a very strong urge to do so. This Flareside is nice...and the price is even nicer, but it surely needs work...probably lots of it. I don't mind the rust on the box and even the cab corners...but what does worry me is the rust all around the seams of the roof. I'd be willing to bet that this truck is worth saving, but I betcha a week of my wages it's going to need a cab;).

That truck is only $73 more than what I paid for my truck :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Dave ----

That cab is toast but may be some stuff salvageable.

Someone should ask if it has that weird support bracket :nabble_smiley_happy:

That's it, I'm changing mine to Teal Green:nabble_smiley_grin:

Dee-Zee di make the diamond plate protectors "back in the day" these could be originals.

That's the pattern I copied for mine.

set_complete.thumb.jpg.3621377fe34a6477fed2ae79789d0da8.jpg