Bullnose Forums

Got stranded today... My own fault

Well y'all, finally got back to it and the truck fired right up. Gary nailed it, must've been wicked flooded.

Now to drive it back home! (And then do some research for a bigger battery hold down!)

Glad you got her going so you can get her home, that definitely has to be frustrating.

Glad you got her going so you can get her home, that definitely has to be frustrating.

Thanks Shaun- very much relieved. It's gonna be in the 60s tomorrow, so I'll probably work on her a bit tomorrow. Maybe figure out the fix for the lmc window regulators finally.

And a fix for the hood seal- the new seal must not be pressing against the back of the hood when shut.

Thanks Shaun- very much relieved. It's gonna be in the 60s tomorrow, so I'll probably work on her a bit tomorrow. Maybe figure out the fix for the lmc window regulators finally.

And a fix for the hood seal- the new seal must not be pressing against the back of the hood when shut.

Good to hear you got it running and home.

I like Interstate Batteries but hard to find around here when you need one and the auto zone is only 2 miles down the road.

BTW if the light were left on for a short time killed the battery it was junk.

The one that came with my truck was maybe 5 years old. when building the truck I did not have the dash bezel in place so the head lights, not installed or running lights, just LED dash lights killed the battery.

I put the charger on it, type garages have, for a few hours and was able to start it.

A few days later I had the key on testing wires in the dash for the radio and the battery went dead again.

The testing was not long but the battery was junk.

On the hood seal are you using the garage door bottom seal or LMC etc. seal?

Cant beat the garage door seal for $$ and how it works.

Dave ----

Good to hear you got it running and home.

I like Interstate Batteries but hard to find around here when you need one and the auto zone is only 2 miles down the road.

BTW if the light were left on for a short time killed the battery it was junk.

The one that came with my truck was maybe 5 years old. when building the truck I did not have the dash bezel in place so the head lights, not installed or running lights, just LED dash lights killed the battery.

I put the charger on it, type garages have, for a few hours and was able to start it.

A few days later I had the key on testing wires in the dash for the radio and the battery went dead again.

The testing was not long but the battery was junk.

On the hood seal are you using the garage door bottom seal or LMC etc. seal?

Cant beat the garage door seal for $$ and how it works.

Dave ----

Dave, thanks. I had a feeling, it'd been run down to flat at least twice over there last couple years. It just entered it's 5th year. So I'll keep the larger interstate in there.

Hood seal- I'm using the Garage Door seal that Gary has shared. I verified it's sealed well against the firewall already. So the only explanation for still getting water on the air cleaner has to be it coming around the back of the hood itself with the seal lip not contacting well. Maybe I installed it a bit too low the first time last year.

Dave, thanks. I had a feeling, it'd been run down to flat at least twice over there last couple years. It just entered it's 5th year. So I'll keep the larger interstate in there.

Hood seal- I'm using the Garage Door seal that Gary has shared. I verified it's sealed well against the firewall already. So the only explanation for still getting water on the air cleaner has to be it coming around the back of the hood itself with the seal lip not contacting well. Maybe I installed it a bit too low the first time last year.

To low is what I am thinking.

When I installed my garage seal when closing the hood I heard a noise?

After opening & closing to see what it was it turned out to be the rubber rubbing the hood to seal LOL

Dave ----

Dave, thanks. I had a feeling, it'd been run down to flat at least twice over there last couple years. It just entered it's 5th year. So I'll keep the larger interstate in there....

With needing to deal with Minnesota winters I always replace a battery after a single dead incident, or after 4 years, whichever comes first.

After opening & closing to see what it was it turned out to be the rubber rubbing the hood to seal LOL

Dave ----

Yeah I have a feeling it won't be fun to remove the garage seal and adhesive...LOL. Luckily I still have the spare seal from the kit, just have to get a new tube of adhesive.

Dave ----

Yeah I have a feeling it won't be fun to remove the garage seal and adhesive...LOL. Luckily I still have the spare seal from the kit, just have to get a new tube of adhesive.

Why the glue?

The factory seal was never glued on, I did not use any glue and have not heard of others using glue.

Dave ----

Dave ----

Why the glue?

The factory seal was never glued on, I did not use any glue and have not heard of others using glue.

Dave ----

I used "glue". Blackjack more specifically. That's to keep the water from going behind the seal, right down the firewall/cowl and onto the engine and/or the air cleaner.