Bullnose Forums

Spark plug wires/distributor wires

delco1946

No idea how old my wires are...and seeing as I plan on dying with my truck in 50+ years i thought now is as good a time as ever to replace what already may be 40 year old wires with likely lower performance (higher resistance etc). I try to avoid generic/cheap brands when possible ( firm believe in you get what you pay for!).

Any recommendations for high/good quality wires that look like NOS/original (just in case I start going to antique shows in the next decade :nabble_smiley_evil:)

Thanks!

No idea how old my wires are...and seeing as I plan on dying with my truck in 50+ years i thought now is as good a time as ever to replace what already may be 40 year old wires with likely lower performance (higher resistance etc). I try to avoid generic/cheap brands when possible ( firm believe in you get what you pay for!).

Any recommendations for high/good quality wires that look like NOS/original (just in case I start going to antique shows in the next decade :nabble_smiley_evil:)

Thanks!

My 1984 still had the original plug wires on it when I bought it back in 2017.

I replaced them at the time with brand new 8mm wires from Ford. They very much looked like the originals that were on the truck. The main difference was that the original Ford wires were numbered.

If you're wanting to look original, I'd go with FoMoCo 8mm wires.

This is what’s currently on the truck.

Sad to say you are right about them looking funny in there. It's sad to say that those Accell wires are a whole lot better then stock. A lot of racers run these or the MSD wires because we run the higher voltage coils to get more bang for our buck. Which you also have a higher voltage coil also. You might not notice the difference in your daily driver but when you are always running between 6200 and 7500 RPM's there is a big and noticeable difference. Just a thought.

Sad to say you are right about them looking funny in there. It's sad to say that those Accell wires are a whole lot better then stock. A lot of racers run these or the MSD wires because we run the higher voltage coils to get more bang for our buck. Which you also have a higher voltage coil also. You might not notice the difference in your daily driver but when you are always running between 6200 and 7500 RPM's there is a big and noticeable difference. Just a thought.

In my experience Accel products have gone to absolute trash.

Personally running Moroso Blue Max. They have been excellent.