Bullnose Forums

How old is your local Ford Dealership?

reamer

Cool stuff! I enjoy reading this, but have nothing to contribute as my dealership is fairly new.

My local dealership is also fairly new, used to be Courtesy Ford in the 70s and is now an Auto Nation thing.

But Chris or Numberdummy/Bill could tell us of dealerships they found on their trip to Oklahoma.

Hmmm...... according to Bill, we stopped at 23 dealerships - way too many to remember.

But I have some pictures from a place in Texas we stopped at:

And there's this place near OKC as I remember - I think Gary said he's seen it but never noticed the glass:

And then this place, I guess it's called Harlan Ford (now relocated in a new building a few blocks away):

Chris - I think the one with the etched glass is in Ponca City, where we lived for several years. I've driven by the building many times, but never noticed the glass.

Chris - I think the one with the etched glass is in Ponca City, where we lived for several years. I've driven by the building many times, but never noticed the glass.

I remember Loh Ford of Bridgeport .

1956 -86.

Frank died last year but he left a lasting impression on many of us.

His brothers Jay, Bob, George, and Rich all had a hand in Loh Brothers Ford of Stamford

Tousley Ford in White Bear Lake MN opened in 1956. They are one of the biggest dealerships in the Twin Cites, and have one of the largest parts warehouses in the country (I think). NumberDummy references them fairly often when tracking down parts. They were bought by AutoNation in 1998, and were re-branded as one in 2013.

• 5 months later...

Something I've been meaning to do for the past year is check out the Ford dealer where my truck was originally sold.

My truck has been painted and touched up over the years, but the original Ford dealer sticker is still on the tail gate. I don't have a close-up picture with me, but you can see the original sticker below for Macaulay's Ford in Baddeck, Nova Scotia.

IMG_4822cropped.jpg.0f989c09e55de3a88718d67cd2158da5.jpg

Baddeck is a couple hundred miles away, and while I do drive by it a few times per year, I haven't actually stepped foot in the town in probably 25 years or more. I didn't think the town was even big enough for a stand alone Ford dealership.

I guess the dealership is long gone, and there's no info online. I did find a Macaulay's Garage, and when I tried calling them the number was disconnected. I did a little further digging, and found the current name of the shop and it is now just an independent garage. I called the number, and the guy was very very short with me, but he did say that yes it was a Ford dealership one time but that it had closed sometime in the late 1990's.

Macaulay_s_Ford.jpg.36683976c92ef499c1a64fef9cbfb8f0.jpg

That's all. Just something I was looking into while having my coffee this morning;).

My main motivation to see if they still existed was to see if I could get my hands on a new dealer sticker for when I get my truck painted. I guess I'll have to dig around online and see if I can get somebody to recreate it for me.

Something I've been meaning to do for the past year is check out the Ford dealer where my truck was originally sold.

My truck has been painted and touched up over the years, but the original Ford dealer sticker is still on the tail gate. I don't have a close-up picture with me, but you can see the original sticker below for Macaulay's Ford in Baddeck, Nova Scotia.

Baddeck is a couple hundred miles away, and while I do drive by it a few times per year, I haven't actually stepped foot in the town in probably 25 years or more. I didn't think the town was even big enough for a stand alone Ford dealership.

I guess the dealership is long gone, and there's no info online. I did find a Macaulay's Garage, and when I tried calling them the number was disconnected. I did a little further digging, and found the current name of the shop and it is now just an independent garage. I called the number, and the guy was very very short with me, but he did say that yes it was a Ford dealership one time but that it had closed sometime in the late 1990's.

That's all. Just something I was looking into while having my coffee this morning;).

My main motivation to see if they still existed was to see if I could get my hands on a new dealer sticker for when I get my truck painted. I guess I'll have to dig around online and see if I can get somebody to recreate it for me.

The dealership where Dad's truck was purchased has moved from the original building close to downtown in my hometown to out on the hill in a modern building. I haven't talked to them about the truck, but suppose I should.

As for Big Blue, I got tons of documentation with the truck, but haven't figured out where the truck was originally purchased. The DSO of "76" on the certification label says it was delivered to a dealership in the Denver district.

But the doc's don't show where, and the Carfax that Vernon ran doesn't tell either. In fact, the first location mentioned wasn't until 2006 when the truck was sold.

• 3 years later...

The dealership where Dad's truck was purchased has moved from the original building close to downtown in my hometown to out on the hill in a modern building. I haven't talked to them about the truck, but suppose I should.

As for Big Blue, I got tons of documentation with the truck, but haven't figured out where the truck was originally purchased. The DSO of "76" on the certification label says it was delivered to a dealership in the Denver district.

But the doc's don't show where, and the Carfax that Vernon ran doesn't tell either. In fact, the first location mentioned wasn't until 2006 when the truck was sold.

Bowens in Eastford CT will be celebrating their 100th on August 13 2022!

They will be showing 2 vehicles from Every decade! (1922- 2022)

I've been asked to bring my '73 Bronco to represent the '70's

Finished_Right_(2).thumb.jpg.6896fe71f6a7885a5c638b26b7184417.jpg

Bowens in Eastford CT will be celebrating their 100th on August 13 2022!

They will be showing 2 vehicles from Every decade! (1922- 2022)

I've been asked to bring my '73 Bronco to represent the '70's

That's cool, Ron! Congrat's on having your Bronco shown. :nabble_smiley_good:

Too bad you can't enter two Broncos. :nabble_smiley_evil: