Bullnose Forums

3D Printed Slave Cylinder Clip

rock711

Hey all, I've been returning an F-150 back to a manual after it was retrofitted into an auto over the last few weeks so its missing a lot of the parts that you typically never have to think about in a standard repair. When it came time to install the slave cylinder I ran into a problem: no matter where I searched for it, the clip that holds the cylinder in the bracket was nowhere to be found (E4TZ-7A603-B). It's a discontinued part and no one seems to be manufacturing it (that I could find anyway).

I took some measurements of the cylinder collar and based on a few fuzzy photos in a Google search I modeled up a part in 3D and sent it off to get printed. It's a solid chunk of plastic, has enough elasticity to flex over the collar, and most importantly, it fits!

710x528_30456743_16210675_1580091507.jpg.acdb12172ffd2e1189eb85d7192c81c9.jpg

If there's any of you out there holding your slave cylinder in with zip ties and PVC, I thought you might want one too. You can order a model of my clip here directly from Shapeways and they'll print up a fresh one and send it your way.

Hope this helps someone out there!

Jeff, that's really great of you!

Many times I've suggested that those of us that have the ability to model in CAD (or anything, even sketchup) share those resources on thingyverse or through Shapeways.

Thank you for stepping up, to make it possible for all of us to keep these trucks roadworthy. :nabble_smiley_good:

Cool! I remember somebody looking for one of these clips a while back.

https://www.rearcounter.com/E4TZ-7A603-B-parts196704.html

I came across this link a few weeks ago so I called the listed business (Mustangs, Etc.) and the guy on the phone told me that he had a handful a few months back but now he was out. Maybe he gets sporadic stock out of junkyards.

I came across this link a few weeks ago so I called the listed business (Mustangs, Etc.) and the guy on the phone told me that he had a handful a few months back but now he was out. Maybe he gets sporadic stock out of junkyards.

The future is here!

Great work! How many hours have I spent looking for the tiniest little part that is absolutely neccessary?