Bullnose Forums

Hi from Richmond

fr0bert

Hi, my name's Rob. Originally from Ireland now living in Richmond VA. Bought my truck in June last year while we were living in DC and now finally have space to park her up and open the hood... Or bonnet as we say back home! :nabble_smiley_beam:

She's in good condition but needs a little tlc, I've been lurking here on and off for a couple of months, hoping to get a little more active now pick some brains here. Its nice to see an active forum here!

Rob.IMG_20200116_131440.jpg.b3bb97aaf1c12294ec3fc3a1594a8cc9.jpgIMG_20200116_131521.jpg.8cd699b4d67e7dac5e36b860824c0437.jpgIMG_20200116_131420.jpg.b8846e3a542ad761744e7c8b785c19c5.jpg

Rob - Welcome!!! Nice truck. Hope you'll start a thread in the main section to track your progress on it. And, ask questions. And tell us your plans.

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to put you on it with your permission.

Ireland! We were there about 4 years ago: Dublin; Avoca; Cork; Dingle; Adare; Dromoland; Bru na Boinne; etc. Loved it. Felt quite familiar having lived just out of London for a while. But, much more green.

So, someone else that may understand "I have a cunning plan." Or Assumpta Fitzgerald. How 'bout Geraldine Granger/Kennedy? Basil? Our Rose/Onslow? And I could go on, like Captain Peacock, Jacko the house painter, Dogsbody (who originally came up with the cunning plan?), etc. And more recently there's nobody left alive in Midsomer. And Shakespeare and Hathaway have been resurrected and are solving crimes?

Yes, I've mis-spent a large part of my 72 years on the Beeb. And I'm assuming you got it in Ireland, although I confess I didn't watch while we were there.

Welcome!

Rob - Welcome!!! Nice truck. Hope you'll start a thread in the main section to track your progress on it. And, ask questions. And tell us your plans.

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to put you on it with your permission.

Ireland! We were there about 4 years ago: Dublin; Avoca; Cork; Dingle; Adare; Dromoland; Bru na Boinne; etc. Loved it. Felt quite familiar having lived just out of London for a while. But, much more green.

So, someone else that may understand "I have a cunning plan." Or Assumpta Fitzgerald. How 'bout Geraldine Granger/Kennedy? Basil? Our Rose/Onslow? And I could go on, like Captain Peacock, Jacko the house painter, Dogsbody (who originally came up with the cunning plan?), etc. And more recently there's nobody left alive in Midsomer. And Shakespeare and Hathaway have been resurrected and are solving crimes?

Yes, I've mis-spent a large part of my 72 years on the Beeb. And I'm assuming you got it in Ireland, although I confess I didn't watch while we were there.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome!

All beautiful places in Ireland, I'm from more further north in Derry, just on the border with Donegal.

You can add me to the map, no problem.

That's a wave of nostalgia haha! I do miss the beeb. "nobody left alive in midsommer" made me crack up there :nabble_smiley_happy:

Thanks for the welcome!

All beautiful places in Ireland, I'm from more further north in Derry, just on the border with Donegal.

That's a wave of nostalgia haha! I do miss the beeb. "nobody left alive in midsommer" made me crack up there :nabble_smiley_happy:

You are now on the map. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for Midsomer, if you see DI Barnaby's wife and daughter, Betty, coming you need to look around 'cause something's about to happen. My wife, Janey, made that statement last night as we watched Series 21 Episode 3.

Yep, we've misspent a lot of hours via PBS or, more recently, Britbox. We've been Waiting On God, tasted The Last Of The Summer Wine but didn't like it, had One Foot In The Grave, been told "your parrot's dead", "mentioned the war but think we got away with it", and so on. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

As for Ireland, we didn't get that far north. Hoping to go back again. Don't know what Brexit is going to do to all that, but are headed to Blighty this autumn once again.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the welcome!

I am fairly new here as well and live just outside of Richmond in New Kent, VA. So Welcome!