Bullnose Forums

F250 Advice

Ray Cecil

.... If it has the C6 automatic, that’s good, a tough auto IMHO. If it’s the E4OD, could be troublesome behind the 460. However, I’ve had no problems with the one in my Bronco.

I think I read that the E4OD had some issues early on that were corrected through the years. Which might be a bad omen if it is an early E4OD. But I've got ~220K miles on the E4OD behind the 460 in my '97 F-250HD with no issues (but being mine is a '97 it has the "fixes"...).

.... Neat thing with the C6 is if you put it in second it will go to second gear and stay there, good for slippery situations....

The E4OD does that too. In fact, I think all Ford auto transmissions do.

I knew the PO of the 94 and he was told that they (Ford dealership) did “all the upgrades” to that tranny. Like it’s a 4R100 I think they said. And I remember early troubles, particularly with the Powerstroke. But mine was a pain! My Bronco is earlier and it’s great. Luck of the draw sometimes I guess.

Good point, I forgot the E4OD does that.

.... If it has the C6 automatic, that’s good, a tough auto IMHO. If it’s the E4OD, could be troublesome behind the 460. However, I’ve had no problems with the one in my Bronco.

I think I read that the E4OD had some issues early on that were corrected through the years. Which might be a bad omen if it is an early E4OD. But I've got ~220K miles on the E4OD behind the 460 in my '97 F-250HD with no issues (but being mine is a '97 it has the "fixes"...).

.... Neat thing with the C6 is if you put it in second it will go to second gear and stay there, good for slippery situations....

The E4OD does that too. In fact, I think all Ford auto transmissions do.

I knew the PO of the 94 and he was told that they (Ford dealership) did “all the upgrades” to that tranny. Like it’s a 4R100 I think they said. And I remember early troubles, particularly with the Powerstroke. But mine was a pain! My Bronco is earlier and it’s great. Luck of the draw sometimes I guess.

Good point, I forgot the E4OD does that.

This 87 has a c6.

He said he'd do a trade for the impala, and I am keeping the 70' Z28 camaro wheels I have on it, and a brand new 600 edelbrock that I was going to let go with it.

Ill make the call saturday. 460 with rv cam ought to sound good...

This 87 has a c6.

He said he'd do a trade for the impala, and I am keeping the 70' Z28 camaro wheels I have on it, and a brand new 600 edelbrock that I was going to let go with it.

Indeed! :nabble_smiley_good:

This 87 has a c6.

RV cam just makes a bunch of torque.

Mine runs out of steam at 4500.

Where the stock cam set straight up would blow past redline and straight to 6k before it stopped.

I guess it depends on what kind of driving you want to do, but if I had it to do again I'd either get a Comp Extreme Energy or one of Scotty's Voodoo cams.

I guess it depends on what kind of driving you want to do, but if I had it to do again I'd either get a Comp Extreme Energy or one of Scotty's Voodoo cams.

I'll let y'all know 'bout Scotty's Voodoo cams later this year. :nabble_smiley_wink:

He was having them ground by Delta.

With the move from Tigard to Parkland I'm not sure if he has the same supplier.

At any rate my truck needs moar power!

He was having them ground by Delta.

With the move from Tigard to Parkland I'm not sure if he has the same supplier.

At any rate my truck needs moar power!

6k?!

Were talkimg rpms right? That sounds like too much fun. If I thought my truck could keep a straight line pushing that hard Id try it.

Guys, if I wanted to haul a fifth wheel camper, would this f250 do it? I get the feeling I might want to look at f350s for a fifth wheel camper.

This 250 *HD*and an SRW 350 are exactly the same in the back, except a 350 has taller lift blocks.

Now if you REALLY want to haul a gooseneck or fifth wheel you probably want a dually, and 250's didn't come like that TTBOMK.