Bullnose Forums

USB Charging Port Questions

I just went to the Aukey site and tried to ask them the question below through their only method shown of contacting them - Submit A Support Question:

I was thinking of buying the CC-Y16 on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/5-Port-Charging-Station-Charger-Samsung/dp/B00UN1LM7Q/ref=psdc_2230642011_t3_B08GQQFJLF) but went to your site and couldn't find that product. Is it yours? Is it an old version? Counterfeit?

And I have several other questions I'd like to ask someone about, if we could talk.

By the way, that Amazon order number has nothing to do with you, but I can't send this w/o an order # so I used one of the many we've placed in the last several weeks.

Thanks,

Gary

It wouldn't go w/o an Amazon order number, so used another one of ours. It finally took it and then popped up a message that said "Network is not stable, please contact support@aukey.com". So I sent them an email at that address.

But I'm getting suspicious of Amazon. Janey was looking at a board game for the grandkids that normally runs ~$50 and found it on Amazon for $22. She asked me about it and I read several of the comments, many of which said they'd gotten counterfeit games, as confirmed by the manufacturer. Amazon said they were verified purchases, and yet hadn't responded to the claims.

Am I paranoid? :nabble_smiley_oh:

“Am I paranoid?”

No, I think sometimes sellers stick counterfeit items in to see if they can get away with it. Or just unscrupulous people.

So...we are paranoid! :nabble_smiley_uh:

“Am I paranoid?”

No, I think sometimes sellers stick counterfeit items in to see if they can get away with it. Or just unscrupulous people.

So...we are paranoid! :nabble_smiley_uh:

No, it's well known that counterfeits are floating around on Amazon. I recently bought (6) Autolite plugs and a set of Motorcraft plug wires for my 2002 Ranger from Amazon, but I will be looking for obvious and not so obvious signs of counterfeiting the rest of the night.

No, it's well known that counterfeits are floating around on Amazon. I recently bought (6) Autolite plugs and a set of Motorcraft plug wires for my 2002 Ranger from Amazon, but I will be looking for obvious and not so obvious signs of counterfeiting the rest of the night.

A counterfeit charger could do a whole lot of damage to phones or other devices. But the way Aukey's site works implies they only sell through Amazon. Meaning it is a captive brand. Is that everyone's understanding?

A counterfeit charger could do a whole lot of damage to phones or other devices. But the way Aukey's site works implies they only sell through Amazon. Meaning it is a captive brand. Is that everyone's understanding?

Oh come on Gary, you know Amazon only sells the best Chinese junk.

I just went to the Aukey site and tried to ask them the question below through their only method shown of contacting them - Submit A Support Question:

I was thinking of buying the CC-Y16 on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/5-Port-Charging-Station-Charger-Samsung/dp/B00UN1LM7Q/ref=psdc_2230642011_t3_B08GQQFJLF) but went to your site and couldn't find that product. Is it yours? Is it an old version? Counterfeit?

And I have several other questions I'd like to ask someone about, if we could talk.

By the way, that Amazon order number has nothing to do with you, but I can't send this w/o an order # so I used one of the many we've placed in the last several weeks.

Thanks,

Gary

It wouldn't go w/o an Amazon order number, so used another one of ours. It finally took it and then popped up a message that said "Network is not stable, please contact support@aukey.com". So I sent them an email at that address.

But I'm getting suspicious of Amazon. Janey was looking at a board game for the grandkids that normally runs ~$50 and found it on Amazon for $22. She asked me about it and I read several of the comments, many of which said they'd gotten counterfeit games, as confirmed by the manufacturer. Amazon said they were verified purchases, and yet hadn't responded to the claims.

Am I paranoid? :nabble_smiley_oh:

One of Amazon's tactics is to monopolize a manufacturers output.

Then, after a while that they've lost the rest of their client base Amazon either produces it themselves "a'la Amazon Basics" or makes a leveraged buyout of all their IP and shutters the company.

To the best of my knowledge Aukey is not an Amazon brand..... yet.

One of Amazon's tactics is to monopolize a manufacturers output.

Then, after a while that they've lost the rest of their client base Amazon either produces it themselves "a'la Amazon Basics" or makes a leveraged buyout of all their IP and shutters the company.

To the best of my knowledge Aukey is not an Amazon brand..... yet.

Bill - I've gotten good stuff from Amazon in the past. But when I saw three recent "purchase verified" reviews of that game where the pieces were said by the manufacturers to be counterfeit and yet no response from Amazon I got skeptical. There is something rotten somewhere.

Jim - I'm not so sure Aukey isn't now captive. Check out their form to submit a "support ticket", which requires an Amazon order number - I know 'cause I tried w/o a number. No go. So I gave it another order # and got that sketchy response. And this is the only way to contact them from what I can find on their website. At the very least the only way to get Aukey components appears to be via Amazon.

Aukey_Contact_Forum.thumb.jpg.dd927204a0d99abd472c6fd46eb4f35e.jpg

Bill - I've gotten good stuff from Amazon in the past. But when I saw three recent "purchase verified" reviews of that game where the pieces were said by the manufacturers to be counterfeit and yet no response from Amazon I got skeptical. There is something rotten somewhere.

Jim - I'm not so sure Aukey isn't now captive. Check out their form to submit a "support ticket", which requires an Amazon order number - I know 'cause I tried w/o a number. No go. So I gave it another order # and got that sketchy response. And this is the only way to contact them from what I can find on their website. At the very least the only way to get Aukey components appears to be via Amazon.

Ok, here's another option. Put this 60w charger board in the ash tray, which we've only used to collect Sonic straw wrappers, and we can easily find another home for them. It is said to measure 49.00mm(L) x 45.00mm(W) x 11.92(H) which is 1.93" (L) x 1.77" (W) x .47" (H), and there's plenty of room for that - although some packaging is needed,

60w-high-power-qc3-power-delivery-pcb4x1000_3.thumb.jpg.dc1851d9e650a34b144f022fa883caec.jpg

I looked at this, but it is said to measure 88.48mm(L) x 50.88mm(W) x 26.32(H), which I calculate to be 3.48" (L) x 2.00" (W) x 1.04" (H), and I don't think it'll fit, although I'm going to check tomorrow.

wtf-shellimg_10002_1.thumb.jpg.8ff27f6acb0b8e1dcc3152a06819e046.jpg

Ok, here's another option. Put this 60w charger board in the ash tray, which we've only used to collect Sonic straw wrappers, and we can easily find another home for them. It is said to measure 49.00mm(L) x 45.00mm(W) x 11.92(H) which is 1.93" (L) x 1.77" (W) x .47" (H), and there's plenty of room for that - although some packaging is needed,

I looked at this, but it is said to measure 88.48mm(L) x 50.88mm(W) x 26.32(H), which I calculate to be 3.48" (L) x 2.00" (W) x 1.04" (H), and I don't think it'll fit, although I'm going to check tomorrow.

At a certain point you have to ask yourself why you don't just plug a wallwart into the inverter and be done with all this.

L

That's actually the plan for the tablet. However, if there's a better solution then why not?

Ok, here's what I ordered: 36W Socket Dual USB Type C PD 3.0 (36W) + USB A QC4.0 (18W). The writeup says:

The 36W USB Type-C port supports both Power Delivery (PD) and Quick Charge 4.0 and the 18W USB A port supports Quick Charge (QC) 3.0. Simultaneously charge multiple devices at super charge speeds for a maximum combined output of 6A/36W. Both ports, when used at the same time, provide 18W each of power. Plug only one device into the USB Type-C port to get 36W.

Supposedly it won't do this tablet, but I might buy the charging cable to find out if it'll charge it slowly. Otherwise I'll use the AC charger.