Bullnose Forum

USB Charging Port Questions

Thought I would see if you’ve seen this. Road Pro brands has a variety of products.

Mobile Spec has a selection of charging items. Lots to look at!

https://www.roadprobrands.com/

Yikes! That's a LOT to look at! I've gotten through several pages and will get through the rest. Thanks!

It is a lot!

I bought iphone charging cables for two of my kids at our Pilot truck stop. Very sturdy with a guarantee, I’m pretty sure they were Mobile Spec. 6 foot with a braided type cable cover.

USB-C HAS been out for five years now.

It's time to move on.

****It already far surpasses FireWire for data transfer.***

(I stand corrected! FireWire is indeed faster than C. )

Maybe you're thinking Thunderbolt?

Lightning?

Something else?

USB-C uses USB 3.1 and runs at 10Gb/s and fire wire sits at 3 max 6 like esata connections. Either way is likely that the connections in the electronic device of choice don't even handle speeds that fast and probably max out at 3.5Gb/s which is standard for M.2 PCI-E connections.

This is what I meant when I said that the bus is going to be the limiting factor in most cases.

It really doesn't matter how much data the connection can handle if the device is the limit.

And, I'm back to a 386 using a T1 line. 😆

Ah, those quaint days when being able to stream video (at 144p) over a static connection was awesome!

It really depends on which FireWire standard you have.

This is what I meant when I said that the bus is going to be the limiting factor in most cases.

It really doesn't matter how much data the connection can handle if the device is the limit.

And, I'm back to a 386 using a T1 line. 😆

Ah, those quaint days when being able to stream video (at 144p) over a static connection was awesome!

It really depends on which FireWire standard you have.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51137069

Didn't get it in the truck but here it is in the car. It's smaller than a cigar lighter so if the test closes with a lighter I'm confident it will close with this.

One of my spare dashes had a cigarette lighter in the port and the cover closed. So I'd bet that it'll close over that as it does look shorter.

So the 12v port with a USB-A & C charger looks to be the most universal and the charger can be changed out later for the next whizzbang thing that comes along. :nabble_smiley_good:

One of my spare dashes had a cigarette lighter in the port and the cover closed. So I'd bet that it'll close over that as it does look shorter.

So the 12v port with a USB-A & C charger looks to be the most universal and the charger can be changed out later for the next whizzbang thing that comes along. :nabble_smiley_good:

I use an iOttie dash mount with Qi.

My phone is charging all the time.

Even with Nav, streaming Bluetooth to my radio and some other stuff going on in the background it gains charge while driving around.

I use an iOttie dash mount with Qi.

My phone is charging all the time.

Even with Nav, streaming Bluetooth to my radio and some other stuff going on in the background it gains charge while driving around.

Still need to plug in a wireless charger. I'm spoiled with my mag mounts. Absolutely love these style mounts, no wobble, Rock solid been using this one for 3 years now.

IMG_20200117_094749.jpg.56e46a7fe5a5cf8ced7456c1ae83ae1d.jpg

The chargers they make are tiny now a days here is a shot of it out of the plug.

IMG_20200117_094719.jpg.fad5ac67e2ba357cffcac482edd96508.jpg

Still need to plug in a wireless charger. I'm spoiled with my mag mounts. Absolutely love these style mounts, no wobble, Rock solid been using this one for 3 years now.

The chargers they make are tiny now a days here is a shot of it out of the plug.

Right.

But I'm not jamming a bunch of pocket lint into my port and I don't have to insert or remove a cable. (Nor do I have to consider that I need the RIGHT cable)

Click and go.

Stand on the desk.

Tray bedside and by the door (with the keys and such)