Bullnose Forum

USB Charging Port Questions

Yes, Im sorry, like I said Im an android user but I understand that apple has become the standard platform at this point.

I dont mean to sidetrack this thread. I know charging and data transfer are very different topics once you start diving in.

I appreciate you catching me up on this stuff, though!

As I am.

But Gary likes his iDevices and I understand that.

Battery chemistry, efficiency and charge density are subject to billions of dollars in research.

Changes happen all the time.

As I am.

But Gary likes his iDevices and I understand that.

Battery chemistry, efficiency and charge density are subject to billions of dollars in research.

Changes happen all the time.

Gary likes his iPhone. But I gave up the iPad for a Windows tablet over a year ago. Now I can do everything I want to do on the website from anywhere in the world - if I have connectivity.

So all my computers are Windows devices.

Gary likes his iPhone. But I gave up the iPad for a Windows tablet over a year ago. Now I can do everything I want to do on the website from anywhere in the world - if I have connectivity.

So all my computers are Windows devices.

Well, it still charges over USB!

And as long as you have cell signal you can tether to your phone...

So there's that.

I remember you saying that the iPad wasn't cutting it wrt managing the website.

But I'm sure it still makes a great media consumption device

So there's that.

The iPad is no longer in use. And the Microsoft tablet doesn't charge from USB, neither A nor C. It has its own proprietary connector and charger. :nabble_smiley_cry:

But, I do tether it from time to time to the iPhone. Works well.

So there's that.

They make some ultra low profile charger adapters. I have one in my car that is USB-C PD and USB A QC 3.0. Leaving a standard auxiliary kinda allows you to always be ready for the next change. BUT at the prices of the dedicated outlets it probably doesn't matter they are about the same price.

Fastest data transfer will always be single mode fiber. But to date that won't charge your phone lol.

They make some ultra low profile charger adapters. I have one in my car that is USB-C PD and USB A QC 3.0. Leaving a standard auxiliary kinda allows you to always be ready for the next change. BUT at the prices of the dedicated outlets it probably doesn't matter they are about the same price.

Fastest data transfer will always be single mode fiber. But to date that won't charge your phone lol.

Yes, I saw a low profile charger today, and that might be a good solution in a 12v port - if it'll fit.

Yes, Jim, I know you suggested that some time ago. But then I'd not seen anything nearly as small as this one, and what I was seeing probably wouldn't fit under the door to the ash tray. This one probably will.

USB-C HAS been out for five years now.

It's time to move on.

****It already far surpasses FireWire for data transfer.***

(I stand corrected! FireWire is indeed faster than C. )

Maybe you're thinking Thunderbolt?

Lightning?

Something else?

USB-C uses USB 3.1 and runs at 10Gb/s and fire wire sits at 3 max 6 like esata connections. Either way is likely that the connections in the electronic device of choice don't even handle speeds that fast and probably max out at 3.5Gb/s which is standard for M.2 PCI-E connections.

Yes, I saw a low profile charger today, and that might be a good solution in a 12v port - if it'll fit.

Yes, Jim, I know you suggested that some time ago. But then I'd not seen anything nearly as small as this one, and what I was seeing probably wouldn't fit under the door to the ash tray. This one probably will.

I can test fit mine and see if the door closes.

I can test fit mine and see if the door closes.

Perfect! Thanks!