Bullnose Forums

Transmission gear shift lever [E2TZ-7210-D] - NOS

Thanks Gary... I’m guessing your T19 lever is the same as mine. I checked and it’s 3-1/16” from the tip to the pivot. The pivot is a separate piece, held by some kind of wedge or roll pin. It might be possible to move it? It’s a very small detail so I won’t make a federal case out of it right now. I don’t even have the T18 shifter anymore to swap, and I will soon need to run the NP435 to haul the water trailer. I might revisit it at some later date if the T19 goes back in as part of a refurbishment of this truck.

Also, my memory is evidently getting dull. The 1987 levers have the straight cane and angle similar to the ZF shifter, but does not have the thicker bottom section. Pics courtesy of Trent:

Ok, I won't pull it out to measure. (Especially today as it is snowing/sleeting/raining and 31 degrees.)

Ok, I won't pull it out to measure. (Especially today as it is snowing/sleeting/raining and 31 degrees.)

When I was looking for parts for my T18 I did come across levers, don't remember where, that did list different sizes.

Then you also have to think as old as our trucks are and that the NP435 / T18 / T19 all swap you may find a T19 where a T18 should be.

So something to keep in mind.

Dave ----