Bullnose Forums

Nice truck! This is the one the Cummins/E4OD combo is going in?

Sure hope you'll start a thread, either in the main section or in Projects, to document your progress. An example of what I mentioned on the phone is my thread on Big Blue's Transformation. You can see in the first post how I've embedded a Word document wherein I track my progress, which automagically shows up as I update the document in the background. But I also post about my progress - as you can see from the fact that the thread is now up to 66 pages, and growing.

Clay - You are now on the map. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for posting pics, go to Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's in the menu and see the Posting Pic's tab.

Jim - Where did I miss that he has a 351M or 400? Good engines, but not in factory guise.

:nabble_smiley_blush: He didn't... and now I see that Clay has added displacement to his sig.

I wouldn't have expected a 302 in a 250.

300 I-6 maybe.

460's weren't available '80-'82, but the M and 400 were.

Anyway, that was my mistake.

But obviously I've been awful close to Clay's any number of times.

Nice truck! This is the one the Cummins/E4OD combo is going in?

Sure hope you'll start a thread, either in the main section or in Projects, to document your progress. An example of what I mentioned on the phone is my thread on Big Blue's Transformation. You can see in the first post how I've embedded a Word document wherein I track my progress, which automagically shows up as I update the document in the background. But I also post about my progress - as you can see from the fact that the thread is now up to 66 pages, and growing.

I don't think we have another Fummins member.

Do you know, Gary?

I wouldn't have expected a 302 in a 250.

They seemed to show up once in a while in Non-HD F250's. Less than 8500 GVWR.

So no full floater and not eight lug either.

I can see that.

I had WELL over a ton in my truck this morning.

I think you'd really have to wring a 302's neck to get it to pull that with any authority.

I don't think we have another Fummins member.

Do you know, Gary?

Paul/Rogue_Wulff has a Cummins from a Dodge in his 80. But it is stealth mode as we machined the cuss words off the valve cover. However, if you look underneath you find a Dodge tranny.

But in Clay's case he's keeping it "all Ford" as he's found a Cummins out of an F850 with FORD on the valve cover. And it originally had an E4OD so that's what's going back.

Basically, his motto is "As Ford would have done it." Have you heard that before? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Sorry to have stolen your thunder, Clay.

Paul/Rogue_Wulff has a Cummins from a Dodge in his 80. But it is stealth mode as we machined the cuss words off the valve cover. However, if you look underneath you find a Dodge tranny.

But in Clay's case he's keeping it "all Ford" as he's found a Cummins out of an F850 with FORD on the valve cover. And it originally had an E4OD so that's what's going back.

Basically, his motto is "As Ford would have done it." Have you heard that before? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Sorry to have stolen your thunder, Clay.

Wow!

Sounds like quite the project.

I didn't know F-series even went to 850.

I've driven a 650, and seen an L800(?)

I hope those engines don't have the super big snout like the medium duty 429's had.

So no full floater and not eight lug either.

I can see that.

I had WELL over a ton in my truck this morning.

I think you'd really have to wring a 302's neck to get it to pull that with any authority.

My truck is an 8 lug. Don’t know if the axels were swapped out. But I’m pretty sure all of the F-250s no matter what GVWR was is going to be 8 lug. But I could be wrong, but would love some clarity.