Bullnose Forums

Blue Top Steering Box Sale

Bruno2

I've done it on the truck by removing the low pressure (return) line and plugging the pump. I ran the open line to a milk jug and have one of the kids turn to full lock on both sides from the cab while I add fluid until it runs clean. Then shut her off, reattach and refill. Then lock to lock again until the bubbles work themselves out.

Although Valvoline makes a specific Type F, I used their MaxLife ATF, and it's sounded great for a little over a year now.

Looking for follow-up feedback/opinions on the RedHead and BlueHead P/S units.

If you've had them for a while, are you happy with the products?

Would you change to another type?

Any other comments?

Any other comments?

I have had my Blue Top installed since Nov. 2019, got to have over 4k miles on it and I am vary happy with it.

IIRC it was cheaper that the Rad Hat (also heard the RH was having QA issues at the time), shipping was fast, came packed great and with instruction on how to flush & bleed air from the system and a return label for the box.

I would not think twice about going with Blue Top again, I am vary happy with it.

Dave ----

Any other comments?

I’ve been running the redhead box for a while and I’m happy with it. I wasn’t 100% impressed at first but now with some miles on it I’m happy. I did also replace the steering shaft afterwards and I think it also made a big difference.

Follow both companies on social media as they do sales I think around thanksgiving and again at Christmas? I forget now.