Bullnose Forums

Digital clock $50

Looking here the cutoff build date for the odd plug (first iteration) is 12/80. Assuming your 81 was after that you should have the plug already present to the right of the ash tray. Shame most listings have the harness cut when there is no need to do so whatsoever.

I think the plug is there from what I remember.

I also need to look for the under dash light plug to add lights as the dome light does not work because the harness to it is bad and I cant change it.

Dave ----

FWIW, on my December 1979 built F150 the plug for the dash light/clock harness was already there. I was able to plug the donor 82 harness, clock, and dash lights in with no issues.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have never seen a hard wired one, but 80/81’s have the bigger buttons and recessed clock set buttons that you need to push with a pen tip or paper clip. These earlier clocks used a different pigtail than the 82+ clocks with the smaller function buttons and peotruding set buttons. I do not know if the early truck harness receiver connector changed, I didn’t get that far with mine yet...

I may not have been clear on that. None were hardwired into the truck but the first was hardwired at the clock end. I've read that the first iteration had a 'trailer' type plug where it connected to the truck's harness.

I have all 3 kinds out in the shop but the end of the 80's harness was cut so I can't confirm the connection to the truck harness.

FWIW, on my December 1979 built F150 the plug for the dash light/clock harness was already there. I was able to plug the donor 82 harness, clock, and dash lights in with no issues.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1095058-digital-clock-6.html#post12699722

There's the thread that talks about the trailer rubber plug on the 80.

Didn't see any photos so hard to be certain.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1095058-digital-clock-6.html#post12699722

There's the thread that talks about the trailer rubber plug on the 80.

Didn't see any photos so hard to be certain.

Hey I posted in that thread! Back when I was a wet behind the ears 18 year old. :nabble_waving_orig:

Now I'm a slightly more experienced 27 year old. :nabble_anim_crazy:

I can see the pics Ranger80 posted, but they're pretty blurry.

I looked in my 1980 BCE manual, and I couldn't even find a listing for the clock to verify whether it shows a difference in the wiring harness. It does however show the connectors behind the dash for the light group option, which contradicts the claim Ranger80 was making.

Hey I posted in that thread! Back when I was a wet behind the ears 18 year old. :nabble_waving_orig:

Now I'm a slightly more experienced 27 year old. :nabble_anim_crazy:

I can see the pics Ranger80 posted, but they're pretty blurry.

I looked in my 1980 BCE manual, and I couldn't even find a listing for the clock to verify whether it shows a difference in the wiring harness. It does however show the connectors behind the dash for the light group option, which contradicts the claim Ranger80 was making.

Just found the rare 1980 clock on Ebay, but it is missing the trailer plug, for obvious reasons. lol.

Rare 1980 Clock

1980_clock_2.thumb.jpg.1079ebab8fd5f8b81679ff6b420a4862.jpg

1980_clock.thumb.jpg.e3ec4e62f54ec51f89d389900b98415d.jpg