Bullnose Forums

Digital clock $50

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does that fit behind the center bezel above the radio?

And if so then I guess there is a harness to go from the trucks harness to it?

What is that 3rd picture as I cant tell.

Dave ----

yea goes behind the radio bezel, third pic I think is the power connector.

On the add I just posted for the oak burl bezel. That seller has a clock too, and has it wired up to show it works.

yea goes behind the radio bezel, third pic I think is the power connector.

On the add I just posted for the oak burl bezel. That seller has a clock too, and has it wired up to show it works.

And both are the second iteration of the clock. Metal body but with the plug at the unit vs hardwired.

And both are the second iteration of the clock. Metal body but with the plug at the unit vs hardwired.

Thanks I seen the other one that was posted with pig tail and it shown working and a buck cheaper.

I also see what that 3rd picture was. Think it is the where the plug goes.

Dave ----

Thanks I seen the other one that was posted with pig tail and it shown working and a buck cheaper.

I also see what that 3rd picture was. Think it is the where the plug goes.

Dave ----

Looking here the cutoff build date for the odd plug (first iteration) is 12/80. Assuming your 81 was after that you should have the plug already present to the right of the ash tray. Shame most listings have the harness cut when there is no need to do so whatsoever.

Looking here the cutoff build date for the odd plug (first iteration) is 12/80. Assuming your 81 was after that you should have the plug already present to the right of the ash tray. Shame most listings have the harness cut when there is no need to do so whatsoever.

Its nice that wiring and stuff was just one base set and they just didn't hook up the options, so you could add light switches to doors, and radios etc. It would be cool to have the clock but the radio I want to use will have one.

I am thinking of buying a bezel with the old style radio cut out so I can use one of those Classic car retro radios. Anyone have any experience with them? Maybe Ill make that a post where it can draw attention.

I have never seen a hard wired one, but 80/81’s have the bigger buttons and recessed clock set buttons that you need to push with a pen tip or paper clip. These earlier clocks used a different pigtail than the 82+ clocks with the smaller function buttons and peotruding set buttons. I do not know if the early truck harness receiver connector changed, I didn’t get that far with mine yet...

I have never seen a hard wired one, but 80/81’s have the bigger buttons and recessed clock set buttons that you need to push with a pen tip or paper clip. These earlier clocks used a different pigtail than the 82+ clocks with the smaller function buttons and peotruding set buttons. I do not know if the early truck harness receiver connector changed, I didn’t get that far with mine yet...

82 still had the old style clock, although there may have been a mid year change, similar to how some 82 trucks still have threaded shift knobs.

I think the plug is there from what I remember.

I also need to look for the under dash light plug to add lights as the dome light does not work because the harness to it is bad and I cant change it.

Dave ----