Bullnose Forums

New Member - 1980 Ford F100 Flareside XLT/Ranger

Shane Dowdy

FuzzFace2 (or Dave),

Thank you for the welcome. Nice looking Flareside, red and white is a great color on that truck.

I have a step-bumper on it right now, the brackets are welded on and not easily adjustable. I guess I could cut them off and try to match them.

I did contact Reamer about making a set along with the original license plate bracket and he is willing. Looking forward to doing some work on it soon.

I will attempt to start a thread on my truck and plans for it soon. But the short story is an attempt at making a Bullnose Flareside Lightning out of it. Or pretty darn close anyway.

Shane

So a wolf in sheep's clothing :nabble_smiley_evil:

I never followed what was different with the Lighting over a normal truck, guess we will find out LOL

I guy I work with has a Lighting he drives to work once in a wile. Kind of like me, only when we feel like it I guess.

Thanks on the truck.

I have some custom touches, duel tanks not offered on a flare side but looks factory inside & out, floating bumpers (no bumper bolts showing) and fog/driving lights added in the front bumper, metal ribbed floor replacing the wood floor as it was to much $$ to replace the wood.

I also added factory AC to a non-AC truck by swapping firewalls.

Cant wait to see posts on your project with lots of pictures :nabble_anim_claps:

Dave ----