Bullnose Forums

Other Projects - Car and Non Car Related

Yipes! I'd WANT that thing sticking through the roof. It would give me nightmares.

In racing, if you're not breaking stuff you're not trying hard enough. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

New fuel tank nips a lot of issues right in the bud.

What are you using to shift?

I saw a 'rat fink' ratcheting shifter in a pickup the other day...

Funny enough that is EXACTLY what I have for a shifter 😁😁😁

Funny enough that is EXACTLY what I have for a shifter 😁😁😁

Great minds think alike! :nabble_anim_handshake: :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Is there a name for the really tall shifters where that comic came from?

Or is that just the way they had to do it back in the day to move clutches strong enough for the horsepower?

You used to be able to order them from Honest Charlie among other purveyors of oddments.

Great minds think alike! :nabble_anim_handshake: :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Is there a name for the really tall shifters where that comic came from?

Or is that just the way they had to do it back in the day to move clutches strong enough for the horsepower?

To be frank, I honestly have no idea :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

My latest project keeping me busy is non car related. I got my tiller working very well and my project is growing well.

Garden_2020_015.jpg.bc8768bb2ba190f45295b1119047b833.jpgGarden_2020_016.jpg.70ebf4c7d9c71bd8b664500b16858c2b.jpgGarden_2020_017.jpg.153241ba4b4f00ffd55ec84049ee2330.jpgGarden_2020_018.jpg.33d571b6935c3693d861e5dff36e462e.jpg

There are turnips, dragon tongue beans, tomatos, squash, onions, okra, and brussel sprouts. I also have a second garden plot that has corn, okra, broccoli, cucumbers, bell peppers, and jalapeno that I got planted last week.

My latest project keeping me busy is non car related. I got my tiller working very well and my project is growing well.

There are turnips, dragon tongue beans, tomatos, squash, onions, okra, and brussel sprouts. I also have a second garden plot that has corn, okra, broccoli, cucumbers, bell peppers, and jalapeno that I got planted last week.

That's quite a garden! What do you do with all of the produce? I would think there's a lot of it on a daily basis.

That's quite a garden! What do you do with all of the produce? I would think there's a lot of it on a daily basis.

Yesterday I found that my SWRs on my CB in the daily had shot through the roof and my CB was giving me an antenna warning. Upon investigating the cause, the stud mount for the antenna broke, so Amazon to the rescue. Today I replaced that, cleaned the grounds for the antenna mount, cleaned the antenna and spring threads, and removed/cleaned/reinstalled the coax. Some combination of all of that fixed it because now the CB passes all the self checks and my SWRs are back down to 1. That was today's project on my other project.

Yesterday I found that my SWRs on my CB in the daily had shot through the roof and my CB was giving me an antenna warning. Upon investigating the cause, the stud mount for the antenna broke, so Amazon to the rescue. Today I replaced that, cleaned the grounds for the antenna mount, cleaned the antenna and spring threads, and removed/cleaned/reinstalled the coax. Some combination of all of that fixed it because now the CB passes all the self checks and my SWRs are back down to 1. That was today's project on my other project.

I'm pleasantly surprised that the final on the CB didn't give up the ghost. Apparently the protection circuit works. :nabble_smiley_good: