Bullnose Forums

Factory AC conversion thoughts?

Cory - Pulleys are a difficult thing to sort out. There was supposed to be a page (Section 60 Pg 5) on them in the MPC, as shown in the snippet below, but none of the digitized MPC's have that page. I'll climb to the microfiche tower later and see if I can find one.

But remember that the # on a part is not the part #. So the second pulley David found had D3AE 6512-AIA, and that's the # you'd be looking for in the Description column.

However, there were lots of ID #'s that correlate to a single part #, so I'll try to cross-ref that part # after a bit as well.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n47571/255_and_302_Crank_Pulley_Header.jpghttp://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n47571/255_and_302_Crank_Pulley_PNs.jpg

That would be awesome Gary, thank you!

I found this one below that almost matches 100%...it has A3A instead of AA...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-4-Groove-302-351-Crank-Pulley-D3DE-6312-A3A/254195743828?epid=1033857901&hash=item3b2f3f3c54:g:ucMAAOSwjR5awn6W

I think that one may be a match. I don't understand how to decode the suffix info, but I'll check the cross-ref on this one as well.

80/82 E—F150/350.U 150 - -integral A/C D5DZ 6A312-A #D3DE 6312-AA-four sheaves

I think that one may be a match. I don't understand how to decode the suffix info, but I'll check the cross-ref on this one as well.

80/82 E—F150/350.U 150 - -integral A/C D5DZ 6A312-A #D3DE 6312-AA-four sheaves

Cory - Just got to the shop (after cleaning the gutters on the house 'cause we are supposed to have a DOWNPOUR this afternoon, and then snow tonight/tomorrow) and had a conversation with Clay/82 PIT BULLNOSE on the phone. Turns out that his '82 has a 302 with A/C but he's converting it to a Cummins from a later F850. So he suggested that you contact him re the pulley.

And, he works for Ford and can find PARTS. He has a network and a little black book with PN's and people's names. I'll let him tell us more about what he does/can do, but I think you need to contact him.

And now I'll see what I can find..... :nabble_anim_working:

And, he works for Ford and can find PARTS. He has a network and a little black book with PN's and people's names. I'll let him tell us more about what he does/can do, but I think you need to contact him.

Finding

Obsolete

Requested

Dodads

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

Finding

Obsolete

Requested

Dodads

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

Yep, David. He apparently does that as well. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Ok, on Cory's quest, I did find Page 5 of Section 60 on the 1982 microfiche, as shown below. But, there are no A3A's. Just the info we already had that ID# D3DE 6312-AA is PN D5DZ 6312-A.

Then turning to the cross-ref I do find lots of A3A's, but no D3DE 6312-A3A's.

But, I have come to a conclusion, and let's see if y'all agree with me. At the top of Page 173 of the April 1980 Master Cross Reference List I find this, with extraneous info left out:

Known Part Number Service or Engineering PN

D5UE 6312 AA D5UZ 6A312 A

D5UE 6312 A1A D5UZ 6A312 A

D5UE 6312 A3A D5UZ 6A312 A

. .

. .

. .

. .

D7AE 6312 AA D7AZ 6A312 A

D7AE 6312 A1A D7AZ 6A312 A

D7AE 6312 A2A D7AZ 6A312 A

D7AE 6312 A3A D7AZ 6A312 A

So it looks to me like an engineering # suffix (what's on the part) of AA, or A1A, or A2A, or A3A all cross-ref to the same service part number, which is what we see in the catalog. If I'm right, then the pulley you found is the right one.

Thoughts?

Section_60_Pg_5.jpg.d4aa0ddb2c3799dc1aada15951a8e8f9.jpg

Yep, David. He apparently does that as well. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Ok, on Cory's quest, I did find Page 5 of Section 60 on the 1982 microfiche, as shown below. But, there are no A3A's. Just the info we already had that ID# D3DE 6312-AA is PN D5DZ 6312-A.

Then turning to the cross-ref I do find lots of A3A's, but no D3DE 6312-A3A's.

But, I have come to a conclusion, and let's see if y'all agree with me. At the top of Page 173 of the April 1980 Master Cross Reference List I find this, with extraneous info left out:

Known Part Number Service or Engineering PN

D5UE 6312 AA D5UZ 6A312 A

D5UE 6312 A1A D5UZ 6A312 A

D5UE 6312 A3A D5UZ 6A312 A

. .

. .

. .

. .

D7AE 6312 AA D7AZ 6A312 A

D7AE 6312 A1A D7AZ 6A312 A

D7AE 6312 A2A D7AZ 6A312 A

D7AE 6312 A3A D7AZ 6A312 A

So it looks to me like an engineering # suffix (what's on the part) of AA, or A1A, or A2A, or A3A all cross-ref to the same service part number, which is what we see in the catalog. If I'm right, then the pulley you found is the right one.

Thoughts?

I sent Bill/Numberdummy an email today asking "If an ID/engineering # ends with something like AA, is it true that the same number with A1A or A2A or A3A will cross-reference to the same service part #?" And I got back a one-word answer: "Yes."

So that A3A pulley you found will work. But, the one from Clay may be better - assuming you've contacted him.

I sent Bill/Numberdummy an email today asking "If an ID/engineering # ends with something like AA, is it true that the same number with A1A or A2A or A3A will cross-reference to the same service part #?" And I got back a one-word answer: "Yes."

So that A3A pulley you found will work. But, the one from Clay may be better - assuming you've contacted him.

Great info Gary, thanks! And yes I did contact Clay. Going to talk today when he gets a look at the part.

That's good info to have on the number suffix.

So I'm off to a good start with the hard parts for this swap.

Thanks for all the help!

Great info Gary, thanks! And yes I did contact Clay. Going to talk today when he gets a look at the part.

That's good info to have on the number suffix.

So I'm off to a good start with the hard parts for this swap.

Thanks for all the help!

I was, quite honestly, thrilled to have come to that conclusion and have it confirmed by Bill. I've been puzzled by the suffix variations, so took some time this round to do just a bit of research and it paid off.

When you talk to Clay today you might ask about the other parts you are looking for. He seems to have sources.

That sounds like a Bill answer LOL

Good to hear you kind of talked to him.

He has been MIA over you know where and we are worried as we have not heard from him.

Dave ----

That sounds like a Bill answer LOL

Good to hear you kind of talked to him.

He has been MIA over you know where and we are worried as we have not heard from him.

Dave ----

I'd asked how he is doing in my original email, but unless there's some way to interpret "Yes" as being an answer to "How are you doing", he didn't say. So I just tried to call him, but no answer. Now I've responded via email asking the question again. We shall see.

I'd asked how he is doing in my original email, but unless there's some way to interpret "Yes" as being an answer to "How are you doing", he didn't say. So I just tried to call him, but no answer. Now I've responded via email asking the question again. We shall see.

Hey Gary,

I seem to recall reading that the passenger side kick panel is different on the trucks with factory AC. Do you know if this is right or wrong?