Bullnose Forums

Headliner Tracing

Thanks again for the support.

I have inserted a picture of an 87 SC headliner. Please compare that with the regular cap and try to give me the dimensions for the letters a - h. i has about 26 ft and j c. 15

Thanks

Michael

Michael - I will do that a bit later when I get out to the shop.

But, how 'bout sending me an email (click on my name above the avatar and then click on Send Email) and give me your address. I'm headed to the shipping place in a bit and having an address will make getting a guestimate easier.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again for the support.

I have inserted a picture of an 87 SC headliner. Please compare that with the regular cap and try to give me the dimensions for the letters a - h. i has about 26 ft and j c. 15

Thanks

Michael

Michael - Several things. First, I checked on mailing you the tracing, and the guesstimate is $50 to this address:

Postsraße 6

85368 Moosberg and der Isar

Germany

Thought that might be a safe place. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And that's via the US Postal Service, and other forms of transport could go to $180. So, that seems to be a bit steep. However, if you want I can send it to you if you'll give me an address.

Or, since the material I used has 1" squares on it, I might be able to convert it to a pdf by plotting it with my CAD software.

As for your drawing and dimensions, I've drawn on my headliner backing, as shown below, and got these dimensions:

• a: 46 1/2"

• b: 47 3/8"

• c: 1 1/4"

• d: 4 3/4"

• e: 7 7/8" to outside edge, not just to inside of the notch

• f: 1 1/2"

• g: 4"

• h: 4 5/8"

• i: 21 1/8" but the dome light opening is below the "b" line on a regular cab headliner

• j: 5/8"

Hope that helps, but let me know what more I can do, like mailing the tracing or trying to digitize it.

Headliner_Measurements_-_2.thumb.jpg.a2522d93d2edad8c12fb67e2fe15132e.jpg

Michael - Several things. First, I checked on mailing you the tracing, and the guesstimate is $50 to this address:

Postsraße 6

85368 Moosberg and der Isar

Germany

Thought that might be a safe place. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And that's via the US Postal Service, and other forms of transport could go to $180. So, that seems to be a bit steep. However, if you want I can send it to you if you'll give me an address.

Or, since the material I used has 1" squares on it, I might be able to convert it to a pdf by plotting it with my CAD software.

As for your drawing and dimensions, I've drawn on my headliner backing, as shown below, and got these dimensions:

• a: 46 1/2"

• b: 47 3/8"

• c: 1 1/4"

• d: 4 3/4"

• e: 7 7/8" to outside edge, not just to inside of the notch

• f: 1 1/2"

• g: 4"

• h: 4 5/8"

• i: 21 1/8" but the dome light opening is below the "b" line on a regular cab headliner

• j: 5/8"

Hope that helps, but let me know what more I can do, like mailing the tracing or trying to digitize it.

Hi Gary,

did you receive my mail regardingmy address?

Shipping from the USA to GER is very expensive. Thanks for your hand on this but I think we should do this as last option because of the costs

I will now take a look at the dimensions and transfer them, maybe that's enough to build a headlinder . I will check as well if there is any other way to send from USA to GER . Possibly make my company a kick off in the USA in the next weeks then I would be there and we can organize something

PDF would be an option, but unfortunately I don't have access to a plotter to print in this size but I will check

Michael

Hi Gary,

did you receive my mail regardingmy address?

Shipping from the USA to GER is very expensive. Thanks for your hand on this but I think we should do this as last option because of the costs

I will now take a look at the dimensions and transfer them, maybe that's enough to build a headlinder . I will check as well if there is any other way to send from USA to GER . Possibly make my company a kick off in the USA in the next weeks then I would be there and we can organize something

PDF would be an option, but unfortunately I don't have access to a plotter to print in this size but I will check

Michael

No, I didn't get your email re your address. (By the way, did you check out the address I used? :nabble_smiley_cool:)

As for your company kicking off in the US, that would be cool! I could mail the tracing to where you'll be.

On making the pdf, you'd have to trace it by hand or find someone that has a really big printer. I think that's a last resort.

No, I didn't get your email re your address. (By the way, did you check out the address I used? :nabble_smiley_cool:)

As for your company kicking off in the US, that would be cool! I could mail the tracing to where you'll be.

On making the pdf, you'd have to trace it by hand or find someone that has a really big printer. I think that's a last resort.

He could always tile it.

Or go to whatever their version of FedEx Office is.

But that 25.4mm grid... 🤯

He could always tile it.

Or go to whatever their version of FedEx Office is.

But that 25.4mm grid... 🤯

Extended cab headliner for illustration purposes only.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/82-86-Ford-F-150-250-350-Extended-Cab-Headliner-Red-Cloth-OEM/264114664633?fits=Year%3A1985%7CModel%3AF-150%7CMake%3AFord&hash=item3d7e75f4b9:g:HgQAAOSwTM5Y6v1G

That's exactly what I meant more than 200 bucks for a peace of carton, unbelievable. In my case, I have to add $ 250 freight Costs :nabble_smiley_sad:

Coming in late and looks like Gary has you covered but I've got a SC headliner sitting in the back of Camano's bed in the shop right now and can provide anything if still needed.

Coming in late and looks like Gary has you covered but I've got a SC headliner sitting in the back of Camano's bed in the shop right now and can provide anything if still needed.

Hi Scott,

Sorry that I am only now reporting, I currently have difficult access to the network. Could you measure it and give me the measurements, as like Gary did? That would help me. Do you have a photo of the headliner?

Thanks

Michael