Bullnose Forum

A Little Help - Calculator Questions

Dave - See what you think of the drop-downs. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I now see the drop downs but when I click on them only the arrow box is hi lighted, you need to click to the left to see the options.

Getting closer

I also see you put a blurb in where the information shows up but, don't you hate BUTT's, it looks to be cut off as are some of the upper lines.

Like the box / cell does not go out far enough?

Before you know it, it will be easy enough for me to use :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

You are doing a great job

Dave ----

BTW when I was in I.T. some of my jobs were Bata testing things like this so users could do their own install / up grade of apps.

I would then relay back to the programmers what I found so they could make the changes.

Making them dummy proof as they say.

PEBCAK!

"You can't fix stupid"

Words to live by. 😆

Dave - See what you think of the drop-downs. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I now see the drop downs but when I click on them only the arrow box is hi lighted, you need to click to the left to see the options.

Getting closer

I also see you put a blurb in where the information shows up but, don't you hate BUTT's, it looks to be cut off as are some of the upper lines.

Like the box / cell does not go out far enough?

Before you know it, it will be easy enough for me to use :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

You are doing a great job

Dave ----

BTW when I was in I.T. some of my jobs were Bata testing things like this so users could do their own install / up grade of apps.

I would then relay back to the programmers what I found so they could make the changes.

Making them dummy proof as they say.

Yes, PEBCAK! Haven't seen Don on here in quite some time. Hmmmm....

Dave - The last several years (decades?) I was in IT I was in management. The development teams liked to use managers as their beta testers 'cause our products were usually aimed at the managers on the customers side. But I was their favorite as I tried all the bells and whistles, and that's where the problems usually hide. So when you looked at their problem logs I reported half of the problems and the rest of the team, collectively, reported the other half. :nabble_smiley_evil:

So, I appreciate you being a beta tester! And, you did find some things. On the formatting where the box/cell didn't go far enough, I'd missed that but I think it is fixed now. Please check.

However, on the drop-down arrows I'm afraid WYSIWYG. Turns out that others know about the problem and there are several "solutions". However, there's only one that I can find that really works. It is very complicated to set up and requires accessing the Developer mode tools on Excel - something that I didn't even know existed. But, I was able to follow the guy's video, stopping and rewinding frequently, and finally got it to work - on the spreadsheet itself. But, to my chagrin it doesn't work on an embedded spreadsheet. In other words, when I made the change on the production sheet and looked at it via a browser it didn't work. :nabble_smiley_cry:

So I implemented a "fake" solution, which is to create another cell beside the cell with the drop-down and insert a downward pointing triangular character that looks like a dropdown - but isn't. In fact, if you were to really zoom in on it you'd see it is a different size and has different shading. But, at least it tells people there's a drop-down there.

So, is it acceptable?