Bullnose Forums

Starter solenoid?

One thing notorious is the EGR spacer leaking.

And if the spacer isn't there, there's going to be an open hole.

If the gasket is wrong, there's going to be an open hole!

Unless there is an aftermarket manifold....

But the Eddy puts that water port on the other side. AMHIK....

This needs its own thread, and it needs moar pics, before I'm willing to do any diagnosis.

This is all guesswork without data.

I'm sorry I will make this it's own thread thank for for helping me so far though I will take more pictures when I get to it. I do know there is vacuum leaks as most of the hoses are cut so I'm going to have to re do all of it. Sorry for my ignorance with all of this as well you guys are teaching me a lot

I'm sorry I will make this it's own thread thank for for helping me so far though I will take more pictures when I get to it. I do know there is vacuum leaks as most of the hoses are cut so I'm going to have to re do all of it. Sorry for my ignorance with all of this as well you guys are teaching me a lot

Never fear, we are here to help you. Just start another thread, post the problem and some pics and we'll get started.

Yeah, there's certainly no reason to apologize.

We're just trying to get you the best help we can.

I hope I'm not coming off cranky or anything.:nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Do you have a vacuum routing sticker on the radiator support?

Iirc, CARB compliance requires the vacuum lines be color coded like the originals.

But that can be accomplished with colored bands of shrink tube -or- paint marker at each end.

Yeah, there's certainly no reason to apologize.

We're just trying to get you the best help we can.

I hope I'm not coming off cranky or anything.:nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Do you have a vacuum routing sticker on the radiator support?

Iirc, CARB compliance requires the vacuum lines be color coded like the originals.

But that can be accomplished with colored bands of shrink tube -or- paint marker at each end.

I don't know how bad yours is, my 1986 had a tendency to melt some of the vacuum lines where they pass over the exhaust crossover. Here is what I pulled off it when I converted to EFI:

IMGP0906.thumb.jpg.009fb1e4d47128f03ddcc68227a0fb09.jpg

You can see where I repaired the green and red lines in the center. That doesn't include the 3/8" hose to the evaporative canisters that has an almost J shaped connection to the vacuum fitting on the intake.

I don't know how bad yours is, my 1986 had a tendency to melt some of the vacuum lines where they pass over the exhaust crossover. Here is what I pulled off it when I converted to EFI:

You can see where I repaired the green and red lines in the center. That doesn't include the 3/8" hose to the evaporative canisters that has an almost J shaped connection to the vacuum fitting on the intake.

I am going to start a new thread under projects so we can really tear this girl apart thank you guys