Bullnose Forums

Hi from Germany

Wolpe

Yipes! That's expensive. Is there a chance you can find the headliner from a later truck and, at worst case, have it recovered?

Unfortunately, we don't have that many suppliers in Germany. I have to limit myself to those delivering to GER. LMC Truck Rockauto Ebay

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, we don't have that many suppliers in Germany. I have to limit myself to those delivering to GER. LMC Truck Rockauto Ebay

I wonder if someone here could measure a Supercab headliner and you could recreate it from a heavy cardboard or very thin plywood there? Then just have it recovered with a material of your choice?

It is just a flat piece of cardboard with fairly regular dimensions, so shouldn't be difficult.

I wonder if someone here could measure a Supercab headliner and you could recreate it from a heavy cardboard or very thin plywood there? Then just have it recovered with a material of your choice?

It is just a flat piece of cardboard with fairly regular dimensions, so shouldn't be difficult.

Yes, the problem are the angles and bulges (not sure if it is the right word) as well as the recesses on the Edge and the cuts Headliner.png.8297f12961d01e7c5be48107656518b0.png

Yes, the problem are the angles and bulges (not sure if it is the right word) as well as the recesses on the Edge and the cuts

Maybe better would be to trace it on a piece of paper and send that to you. Perhaps two pieces of what we call "newsprint" taped together would be wide enough.

I'd be happy to do it if I had the right headliner. But all I have are headliners for regular cab trucks. I wonder if you could just add how ever many inches to it in the middle?

Yes, the problem are the angles and bulges (not sure if it is the right word) as well as the recesses on the Edge and the cuts

That would be a great idea, I think the regular cab should have the same dimensions down to the length, I would then just have to stretch it in length

That would be a great idea, I think the regular cab should have the same dimensions down to the length, I would then just have to stretch it in length

Yes, the only dimension that will be different is the fore/aft one.

My wife has some stabilizer material for her sewing that looks like it is ideal as it won't rip nor stretch easily and yet it is lightweight. She doesn't have enough for this, but we will going out tomorrow and will see if we can get some more. Then I'll clean off the work table, pin that stuff down, lay the headliner on top and trace around it. Should fit nicely in a small envelope and I can mail it to you.

So email me your address. You can click on my name in the response and click on Send Email To Gary Lewis.

And I'll also measure the thickness of the cardboard. It isn't anything special and you should be able to get something close in size.

My wife has some stabilizer material for her sewing that looks like it is ideal as it won't rip nor stretch easily and yet it is lightweight. She doesn't have enough for this, but we will going out tomorrow and will see if we can get some more. Then I'll clean off the work table, pin that stuff down, lay the headliner on top and trace around it. Should fit nicely in a small envelope and I can mail it to you.

So email me your address. You can click on my name in the response and click on Send Email To Gary Lewis.

And I'll also measure the thickness of the cardboard. It isn't anything special and you should be able to get something close in size.

I would probably use a piece of Tyvek (spun bonded non-woven polyolefin)

I have a 9' wide roll, and it doesn't stretch or tear.

Mind that you don't want to cut the fabric in the corners.

Just let it become a dart. (I have no idea what this word is in German)

sounds like a plan,

thanks for the support.

Please do this only if it is not too expensive.

Please let me know beforehand what the material and the letter would cost

sounds like a plan,

thanks for the support.

My wife said the material won't cost much, so that's not an issue. But on the cost of getting it there, I'll chat with my friends at the place where I ship lots of Ford things (I'm know as The Ford Guy) and see what the best envelope size for shipping is and what the cost will be of getting it there and then let you know. I'm guessing that an A4 (8 1/2 x 11") size will be best, but a bit bigger would mean less folding and less bulk.

Jim - Tyvec would be good, but I don't have any and this stuff is similar, just not as heavy nor heavy duty. But it is lots sturdier than paper and won't be harmed if it gets wet or smashed.

sounds like a plan,

thanks for the support.

My wife said the material won't cost much, so that's not an issue. But on the cost of getting it there, I'll chat with my friends at the place where I ship lots of Ford things (I'm know as The Ford Guy) and see what the best envelope size for shipping is and what the cost will be of getting it there and then let you know. I'm guessing that an A4 (8 1/2 x 11") size will be best, but a bit bigger would mean less folding and less bulk.

Jim - Tyvec would be good, but I don't have any and this stuff is similar, just not as heavy nor heavy duty. But it is lots sturdier than paper and won't be harmed if it gets wet or smashed.

:nabble_anim_handshake::nabble_anim_jump: