Classic Dash - Dash Panel

kramttocs

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was aware of these but don't know of anybody that has installed one yet. I would imagine they'd be popular with the restomod crowd. I don't mind them at all and would consider one if I had to gut my dash/cluster/wiring for some reason.

I also like the new offering from Dakota Digital...that would be a good option also if you had a nice instrument bezel to work with.

The Dakota instrument kits look like a much better fit imho....if you were going that route.

https://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=1215/category_id=437/mode=prod/prd1215.htm

I like the Dakota Digital ones better. I suspect many people wouldn't notice them, but would the "bubbly" ones.

And I'm glad they didn't use a purple burled wood bezel. Doesn't look bad, but might be even better in the black weave.

The Dakota instrument kits look like a much better fit imho....if you were going that route.

https://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=1215/category_id=437/mode=prod/prd1215.htm

Oh yeah, those look great. They have a definite 80's feel to them.

I agree Gary, most wouldn't give them a second glance at not being factory.

Oh yeah, those look great. They have a definite 80's feel to them.

I agree Gary, most wouldn't give them a second glance at not being factory.

That is how the custom Speed Hut gauges are in my 70 street Javelin.

Same goes for the silver carbon fiber over lay as it looks like the base model alum one.

Then again I like to 'sneak in" little custom touches like that you have to really know the cars / trucks to pick it up.

Dave ----

Then again I like to 'sneak in" little custom touches like that you have to really know the cars / trucks to pick it up.

Dave ----

Which is why my dual-snorkel air cleaner was going to say "400HO" or somesuch in the same font as the 351HO's used. Wanted to see people scratch their heads as they looked over the factory cold air ducting on both snorkels. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Which is why my dual-snorkel air cleaner was going to say "400HO" or somesuch in the same font as the 351HO's used. Wanted to see people scratch their heads as they looked over the factory cold air ducting on both snorkels. :nabble_smiley_evil:

That would definitely be cool Gary!