Bullnose Forums

OEM Radio bracket

I have a queston about how the oem radio installs in the dash.

Someone has installed an aftermarket radio in my truck. New style without shafts. Want to go back to oem. The documentation i am looking at shows a bracket (18806) that attaches the radio to the dash. Is this piece seperate from the radio or permently attached?

Thanks

Do you mean 10A860 in the illustration below? That plate is separate from the radio and is required to mound a shaft-mount radio in these trucks. The nuts (355987) and washers (351487) retain the plate to the radio and then the screws (56910) hold the plate to the dash.

Yes that is the bracket i am referring to. The bracket is missing on my truck.

The search is on to find one. I have a bezel that has not been modified.

Yes that is the bracket i am referring to. The bracket is missing on my truck.

The search is on to find one. I have a bezel that has not been modified.

Should be lots of them around. Any 1980 - 84 in the salvage with a radio had one. And since many people changed out to the later style there should be lots sitting on the shelf. Maybe someone on here?

Should be lots of them around. Any 1980 - 84 in the salvage with a radio had one. And since many people changed out to the later style there should be lots sitting on the shelf. Maybe someone on here?

Every parts truck around here has already been robbed

of the bracket are modified with the newer style radio.

Classic car stereos has an aftermarket radio that appears

almost stock with modern features. My brother in law has one in an older

Chevy.

Every parts truck around here has already been robbed

of the bracket are modified with the newer style radio.

Classic car stereos has an aftermarket radio that appears

almost stock with modern features. My brother in law has one in an older

Chevy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-86-Ford-Truck-Bronco-Radio-Faceplate-Bracket-1980-1986-With-OEM-Screws/303307978094?hash=item469e90756e:g:ZhQAAOSwovNdlhfN

https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-86-Ford-Truck-Bronco-Radio-Faceplate-Bracket-1980-1986/174034844502?hash=item288548fb56:g:Yb0AAOSw8w9dgjvh

Still need a bracket? I found one at the junkyard
Frank Wyatt on the forumn is sending me one.  Did the one you found still have the radio attached to it? There is small tab that bolts to the vack of the radio tha t i would like to get. Its  keeps the back of the radio from bouncing around.Thanks, Darrell

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

It did but I didn’t take it since I’d have to pay for it and didn’t hear back in time. I took the face plate but left the radio. I assume you’re taking about the large clip on the underside right? I don’t recall if that was present but youll need that as that provides the ground.