Bullnose Forums

CB Antenna -Aftermarket Archer

kramttocs

A very GROWING group discerning of Bullnose Enthusiasts...

I still think y'all FOG members should have your own subforum.

Maybe we can label it "Hipsters" or something?

Haha, Jim whats the matter, no love for wooden floors and tailgate chains??>..lol.

I'd say all of the regulars on here are on the extreme side of the enthusiast spectrum...lol.

Hello, my name is Cory, and I have a Bullnose problem...

A very GROWING group discerning of Bullnose Enthusiasts...

I still think y'all FOG members should have your own subforum.

Maybe we can label it "Hipsters" or something?

Haha, Jim whats the matter, no love for wooden floors and tailgate chains??>..lol.

I'd say all of the regulars on here are on the extreme side of the enthusiast spectrum...lol.

Hello, my name is Cory, and I have a Bullnose problem...

No, actually I DO love wood beds. (plank -or- plywood)

Tailgate chains are fine too! 👍

I'm the odd man out (of two here) without any Bullnose trucks.

But 'Lil Red has Bull in her genes and is close to 100% under her akward skin.

Maybe she's a trans truck?

IDK.

No, actually I DO love wood beds. (plank -or- plywood)

Tailgate chains are fine too! 👍

I'm the odd man out (of two here) without any Bullnose trucks.

But 'Lil Red has Bull in her genes and is close to 100% under her akward skin.

Maybe she's a trans truck?

IDK.

BTW Cory,

I really do love the way your front bumper flows into the fender crease in that front 1/4 pic...

• 2 years later...

I have a 1980 with the factory installed CB/Radio option but just missing the mast. Did this mast actually work with the CB? Not going to pay 700 buck for eBay NOS, but would de cool to have it working if nothing else for show.

Thanks

I have a 1980 with the factory installed CB/Radio option but just missing the mast. Did this mast actually work with the CB? Not going to pay 700 buck for eBay NOS, but would de cool to have it working if nothing else for show.

Thanks

Hi Ara!

I'll reply here vs the email :nabble_smiley_beam:

So I can't really say if it works but there's nothing making me think it wouldn't. I only have it hooked up to the stereo for AM/FM and haven't ever tried it with CB, factory or otherwise. The wire and the blue canister for the CB part is tucked between the passenger side duct work and the firewall from the top currently.

I don't know anything technical about CBs but there are several on the forum that do. I figure there will need to be some SNR tuning inside that blue canister but never got that far.

The Archer antennas show up on eBay fairly often and seems like I recall most are sub-$50.

If you pick one up and hook it into the factory CB, I'd be very interested in how well it works.