Bullnose Forums

CHANGE TO FORUM

Gary Lewis

Ok, I hope it does solve it. Since I went to Edge it has been better. I actually set my Edge home page to here.

I sure hope it fixes it. I tried Edge for a while but have gone back to Chrome because Edge doesn't appear to have the ability to force the results to be "verbatim". Yes, you can put quotes around the text for which you are searching, but if you put the quotes around the whole string then the words have to be in exactly that order. But with Chrome you can say "verbatim" and it forces it to find only those pages that have all of those words.

Thanks for the up date.

Funny, I went to reply to this and it had me log back in. Guess it had to do with the change.

Dave ----

Yes, I should have mentioned the additional log-in. I had to log back in although I had literally just been on the forum making the change. So I'm guessing that was part of it.

I sure hope it fixes it. I tried Edge for a while but have gone back to Chrome because Edge doesn't appear to have the ability to force the results to be "verbatim". Yes, you can put quotes around the text for which you are searching, but if you put the quotes around the whole string then the words have to be in exactly that order. But with Chrome you can say "verbatim" and it forces it to find only those pages that have all of those words.

Just tried to post from my phone - after typing out a reply. But, I hadn’t logged in since the change so it asked me to log in. I did and it went right back to my post! I didn’t lose it. 👍

Just tried to post from my phone - after typing out a reply. But, I hadn’t logged in since the change so it asked me to log in. I did and it went right back to my post! I didn’t lose it. 👍

FYI, there was one more change that I needed to make and just did it at about 5:50 PM Central. So you may have to log in yet again. Sorry for that.

But I think all of the changes have been made and we will try it for a while. So please tell me if you have problems.

I don't know what log-in issues you guys are talking about, but I see that my signature info is now visible, which is new. Chrome user here.

Peace & Axle Grease!

The known problems that this fix was intended for were:

• You are shown to be logged in, but you type out a long response, hit Post, and it asks for you to log in - and trashes your post.

• You aren't logged in but it shows that you are. Has happened to Bill, but none others that I've heard of.

• And, a new-to-me one of the log-in doesn't show but you really are. Hadn't heard of that one, Rembrant, but thanks for sharing it.

• Nothing in the Bullnose Forum can be found by Google. I wasn't aware of this until very recently.

As said, it had something to do with 3rd party cookies and a hack that had been placed in the Nabble code quite some time ago that they took out to fix the problem. So, after they made the change they had me make three changes that should be transparent to y'all. Plus, I've submitted the forum to Google for crawling again. So, hopefully all has been fixed.

The known problems that this fix was intended for were:

• You are shown to be logged in, but you type out a long response, hit Post, and it asks for you to log in - and trashes your post.

• You aren't logged in but it shows that you are. Has happened to Bill, but none others that I've heard of.

• And, a new-to-me one of the log-in doesn't show but you really are. Hadn't heard of that one, Rembrant, but thanks for sharing it.

• Nothing in the Bullnose Forum can be found by Google. I wasn't aware of this until very recently.

As said, it had something to do with 3rd party cookies and a hack that had been placed in the Nabble code quite some time ago that they took out to fix the problem. So, after they made the change they had me make three changes that should be transparent to y'all. Plus, I've submitted the forum to Google for crawling again. So, hopefully all has been fixed.

Gary,

I finally had to log in again this morning. I was always showing as logged in, and didn't even know that there was a problem with it. It was my signature/truck info at the bottom of my posts that had always been invisible to me, but is now showing up. That is just new in the last couple days.