Bullnose Forums

Happy Solstice everybody!

ArdWrknTrk

Welcome to winter! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

The days get longer, but still grow colder from here on out.

Maybe a blessing AND a curse, but it IS a new season. :nabble_anim_jump:

Anyway, it is a celebration for me.

And I'd like to take this moment to wish you and yours the very best these next couple of holiday weeks, and all the year long!

Happy solstice! This day makes more sense to me as a turning point to the start of a new year than the artificial one on Jan 1. But maybe that’s just the farmer/gardener/botanist in me?

The Gregorian calendar has been around since 1582..

I suppose Pope Gregory VIII didn't want to steal the baby Jesus birthday party glory, by having an auspicious event just days before.

I'm all for the days getting longer! Winter came early here this year. We often have no snow at Christmas, and the ground is white right now...lol. Anyway, the worst is yet to come, but at least the hours of sunshine will grow.

Happy holidays all!

We have snow right now, but the next 2 days will be in the high 40's - low 50's... looks like a green(brown) Christmas for us.

Merry Christmas to one and all!

We have snow right now, but the next 2 days will be in the high 40's - low 50's... looks like a green(brown) Christmas for us.

Merry Christmas to one and all!

Im off until the new year. Longest vacation ived ever had.

Im painting the kitchen and redoing the floors in the house......so much for relaxing.

Im off until the new year. Longest vacation ived ever had.

Im painting the kitchen and redoing the floors in the house......so much for relaxing.

Enjoy your vacation Ray! I took two weeks off starting January 13th. If I don't get my front axle mounted in my truck by then, then surely it will be mounted by the end of that two weeks. Haha.

Enjoy your vacation Ray! I took two weeks off starting January 13th. If I don't get my front axle mounted in my truck by then, then surely it will be mounted by the end of that two weeks. Haha.

Thanks Shawn. You do the same.

Toughest part about vacations is the amount of stuff to catch up on.