Bullnose Forums

2020 Spring Meet???

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cory, my dad planned on doing a lot of things....then dropped dead of a heart attack at 59 before getting to do a lot of those things. You better stop daydreaming and start seizing the day my friend.

Ray, it's all good man, I've had the opportunity to do way more things in life than a lot of people my age (And my dad died at 38 with Cancer). I really want for nothing. I've done a lot of traveling with my work, and personal travel too. Luckily, with all of my work traveling over the years, I've had the chance to meet a lot of internet forum friends in person, which has been very cool, each and every time. My work has been extremely hectic this past couple years, and I've been involved in a lot of projects that I have a difficult time getting away from.

There are certain states that I have very fond memories of visiting, and Kentucky is certainly one of them. It is a very beautiful state, and everybody I've met there was very nice. I took my mother on a work trip to Nashville about 15 years ago, and I drove her up to Paducah so she could see the quilt museum, and she just kept saying "wow" over and over again at how pretty the scenery was.

Getting in the old truck and driving it to Kentucky is not a problem...that is the easy part. Problem is, if it happens at a time when I have to spend the whole trip on the phone, it will suck the fun out of it pretty quickly.

In any case, part of my New Years resolution (that I plan to try and also force on my employer...lol) is to do something about vacation time. Fingers crossed!

Cory, my dad planned on doing a lot of things....then dropped dead of a heart attack at 59 before getting to do a lot of those things. You better stop daydreaming and start seizing the day my friend.

Ray, it's all good man, I've had the opportunity to do way more things in life than a lot of people my age (And my dad died at 38 with Cancer). I really want for nothing. I've done a lot of traveling with my work, and personal travel too. Luckily, with all of my work traveling over the years, I've had the chance to meet a lot of internet forum friends in person, which has been very cool, each and every time. My work has been extremely hectic this past couple years, and I've been involved in a lot of projects that I have a difficult time getting away from.

There are certain states that I have very fond memories of visiting, and Kentucky is certainly one of them. It is a very beautiful state, and everybody I've met there was very nice. I took my mother on a work trip to Nashville about 15 years ago, and I drove her up to Paducah so she could see the quilt museum, and she just kept saying "wow" over and over again at how pretty the scenery was.

Getting in the old truck and driving it to Kentucky is not a problem...that is the easy part. Problem is, if it happens at a time when I have to spend the whole trip on the phone, it will suck the fun out of it pretty quickly.

In any case, part of my New Years resolution (that I plan to try and also force on my employer...lol) is to do something about vacation time. Fingers crossed!

Ray, I would possibly be up for a meet. Me and my wife have been wanting to get over to the Ark Encounter for the last couple of years. Just hasn't worked out yet.

Ray, I would possibly be up for a meet. Me and my wife have been wanting to get over to the Ark Encounter for the last couple of years. Just hasn't worked out yet.

All are welcome at my place.

As for the ark, I havent gone and never will. Its a religious topic that could get heated so I will leave it at that.

I will get the concrete forms put up this week, maybe pour soon.

As for the ark, I havent gone and never will. Its a religious topic that could get heated so I will leave it at that.

Just looked it up and it is about 600+/- miles for me.

Thing is needing to take off time from work and if I would have any at that time.

Throw out a reminder when it gets closer and I will see what happens.

I do know I will have to run the rear 19 gallon tank also as the factor 16 gallon just don't cut it just going to work and back for a week.

Dave ----

Just looked it up and it is about 600+/- miles for me.

Thing is needing to take off time from work and if I would have any at that time.

Throw out a reminder when it gets closer and I will see what happens.

I do know I will have to run the rear 19 gallon tank also as the factor 16 gallon just don't cut it just going to work and back for a week.

Dave ----

Alright, here is the deal. A good friend of my father is a drywall and insulation distributor. He had a customer who ordered WAY to much Fiberock boards, and woolrock insulation. He is giving me enough insulation and fiberock to complete my interior walls. I just went and got the first load. I will be going to get the rest monday.

So, this affects the slab pour schedule. Ive got so much insulation and fiberock sheets now, I need to get it up on the walls first before the concrete. Its in the way now. And the fiberock is HEAVY. im not moving it around multiple times just to pour first.

So, this winter's weekends will be spent putting up the insulation and wall boards. Then I will pour in better weather this spring.

Sooooooooo.......any spring meetup might be very tentative, depending on how this goes.

I just realized I need to wire for electricity....

Alright, here is the deal. A good friend of my father is a drywall and insulation distributor. He had a customer who ordered WAY to much Fiberock boards, and woolrock insulation. He is giving me enough insulation and fiberock to complete my interior walls. I just went and got the first load. I will be going to get the rest monday.

So, this affects the slab pour schedule. Ive got so much insulation and fiberock sheets now, I need to get it up on the walls first before the concrete. Its in the way now. And the fiberock is HEAVY. im not moving it around multiple times just to pour first.

So, this winter's weekends will be spent putting up the insulation and wall boards. Then I will pour in better weather this spring.

Sooooooooo.......any spring meetup might be very tentative, depending on how this goes.

I just realized I need to wire for electricity....

Yep, do the wiring and plumbing first. Then the drywall, then the floor.

Are you going to polish the concrete? My shop floor is painted, but if I were to do it again I’d polish it.

Yep, do the wiring and plumbing first. Then the drywall, then the floor.

Are you going to polish the concrete? My shop floor is painted, but if I were to do it again I’d polish it.

If you mean power trowel then yes. Im not sure what polishe concrete is. I will google it.

I am really not going to the Ark for the religious point of view.

I want to admire the Woodwork and the Craftsmanship. Saw some articles while they were building it and would like to see it in person. I would love to try my hand at some post and beam construction one of these days.

If you mean power trowel then yes. Im not sure what polishe concrete is. I will google it.

Polished concrete is smooooooth, like what you see in Walmart, and Sams, and other places. Doesn't have the texture of regular concrete, and might not stain with oil, gas, brake fluid, etc the way regular concrete does. Plus, it'll clean up easier with a broom or a mop.