Bullnose Forums

In over my head

Wheelmaker

I'm not one to keep things original. Dad's truck will have the "original" engine but it'll have 400 HP engine with EEC-V EFI, E4OD transmission, bucket seats, etc. And Big Blue will have a stout 460 with EEC-V EFI, ZF5 transmission, 1995 D60 front axle, etc. But the theme running through all of that is that I'm using Ford parts. So not too many will realize that it isn't "stock", and these changes make the trucks more fun to drive and more useful.

So I'd say do what you want to do. Make it your truck. As you say, these trucks aren't going to be collectors items that need to be numbers-matching. In fact, for the most part there aren't any numbers to match.

Agreed.

Make it roadworthy and make it yours. 😁

Shaun seems to throw every option from the period he likes ('80-'82) on his truck, even if it is a much later vehicle.

I've done many things with (mostly) Ford parts that I feel make my truck better for me.

That's the important thing!

If you're running with the 'numbers correct' crowd you're not in my wheelhouse anyway.

Agreed.

Shaun seems to throw every option from the period he likes ('80-'82) on his truck, even if it is a much later vehicle.

I've done many things with (mostly) Ford parts that I feel make my truck better for me.

If you're running with the 'numbers correct' crowd you're not in my wheelhouse anyway.

Guilty. And I agree 100%. Make it yours, or else you'll get bored with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed.

I agree make it yours.