Bullnose Forum

Tilt steering shroud

My truck originally came with non tilt column. Replaced it with tilt column.

There is a plastic shroud that covers the column below the steering wheel. Can anyone tell what is difference between the shrouds on the tilt and non tilt column. According to what i am reading here on the site the part numbers are the same except the the dash number on the end.

Thanks

In part numbers a change of anything in them can mean it is a completely different part. But in this case I think a non-tilt shroud can be shortened to function on a tilt column. I haven't done it, but have looked at it and it looks doable.

There are a couple on ebay for sale. But looking at the pics they look the same as mine.. Mine are the ones on ebay do not have the dash number.

Contact the seller to ask if it came from a fixed or tilt column. W/o the suffix you can't tell unless you measure.

From what I read, its a very small difference in the opening around the turn signal lever that allows the tilt column to be released.

At least thats they way you tell them apart. Ill try to dig up the link.

From what I read, its a very small difference in the opening around the turn signal lever that allows the tilt column to be released.

https://www.steeringcolumnservices.com/rebuilt-columns/1980-91-rebuilt-non-tilt-f-series-steering-column.php

Fill out all the boxes as if you were going to order and a popup will show you the difference

I think we are talking about two different things. I believe the original question was about 3530, and I think you are talking about 3511. Right?

fixed-wheel-floor-shift-column.thumb.jpg.1045b133acac6810f412e3cff8552e15.jpg