Bullnose Forums

3-D printer Fog light bezel has been made and shipped!

reamer

Better late than never! At least you are here. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Would the interrupt switch, which my '85 didn't come with, hit a smaller switch, like a toggle, in that hole?

I don’t think it will. The fog light switch is kind of large. I believe the relay for the lights is contained in the switch since the harness is fairly small from the switch to the lights. A smaller switch would work if you could allow the square chrome toggle to attach to it.

Honestly I would want a relay for lights under the hood anyway I think.

I didn’t grab a picture of the conflict when I had it in place because it was too darn tight in there.

Has anyone found a source for the switch that’s close to the original?

The nos fog light switch that I have is robust but I don't think it is big enough to contain a relay. I don't know what the rear plug is like, but the switch itself does not strike me as excesdively large 🤷‍♂️

IMG_6401.jpg.d55c2322f0e5ae233529499416c929ef.jpg

For reference the toggle blade is 1.15" long

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The nos fog light switch that I have is robust but I don't think it is big enough to contain a relay. I don't know what the rear plug is like, but the switch itself does not strike me as excesdively large 🤷‍♂️

For reference the toggle blade is 1.15" long

Right, the relay isn't in the switch. Here's a pic from the 1981 EVTM (Electrical/EVTM/1981 EVTM/Lights). You can see the separate relay on the left, and then on the right that it is behind the left hand side of the instrument panel, and that it is shown on Page 60 in Figure 2:

Fog_Lamp_Wiring.thumb.jpg.acea08d66c55b8ee1b2c128c024386c8.jpg

And, here's Figure 2 from Page 60. (Amazing what you can find on the internet. :nabble_smiley_evil:)

Fog_Lamp_Relay.thumb.jpg.ba0b9d849a22f33b49860218c3e65c1b.jpg

Right, the relay isn't in the switch. Here's a pic from the 1981 EVTM (Electrical/EVTM/1981 EVTM/Lights). You can see the separate relay on the left, and then on the right that it is behind the left hand side of the instrument panel, and that it is shown on Page 60 in Figure 2:

And, here's Figure 2 from Page 60. (Amazing what you can find on the internet. :nabble_smiley_evil:)

Chris McGaugh tells me that 1980 had one style, and 81-84 was a different style, but both have the relay in the harness between the switch and the firewall...

Chris McGaugh tells me that 1980 had one style, and 81-84 was a different style, but both have the relay in the harness between the switch and the firewall...

Interesting. What is meant by "style"? Or, what is different? I ask because I should be able to see that in the parts catalog.

Interesting. What is meant by "style"? Or, what is different? I ask because I should be able to see that in the parts catalog.

Pics from my truck tonight.

I can confirm the switch isn’t the conflict but the relay appears to be. It’s the black box mounted to the dash support.

541D91B9-8FAA-4F45-9C4F-9F57488FB7A1.jpeg.eb51f2958f0aaee9cd5765fe00701125.jpeg

ACD1056C-C31C-4586-9192-B9DB3E2DCA09.jpeg.6ce1e638bd82173536cbeb0ec6eca451.jpeg

9046E310-8534-4AF4-A969-65809F4C6678.jpeg.47dcf5f701eb3d7d1d69dae10a843da1.jpeg

Yep. And that's what the linkage is hitting? Strange.

Yes. The linkage is hitting that for sure. What’s weird is that my E&VTSM shows the fog light relay in the same place you show in your picture and yet I dont see it in my truck. I know the light circuit works but I’ll have to look into where the relay actually is.

I think you’re right Gary. I was going bye the photo you posted but this photo seems to be it.

Funny that it shows the intermittent wiper governor mounted. The ones I see usually have foam glued all the way around them and are just tucked up on top of the wire harness behind the headlight switch, not really mounted to anything.