Bullnose Forums

Norwegian F250, 1984, 460, 2wd

Papelione

It was with a heavy head I finished my work on the truck sunday night.

Pulled the bed and installed the new pump, neither sender nor pump worked.

Brand new pump, had to install the old one. At least the pump works.

Last year I tested the sender function on the wire going to the pump with the rear pump and it worked fine....

So that will that for now, I have the dual pump setup, and the rear has a sender that work, I will have to do with the front without sender.

Next up is installing a overhauled carburetor, ordered a remanufactured from Summit, It should be here in the beginning of June. The old one is working fine besides from start up. Fast idle cam is not activated. From what I can see there is a arm with a screw that should lift it when I press the gas pedel, and that arm is gone. And the Im just treating my self to a "new cleaned and sealed" carb and will be sending the core back, or just clean and repack it for the joy of it.

Tomorrow Im going to the workshop to get a quote on the job of fixing a couple of dents and scratches.

Nice with a fellow Norwegian Bullnose, where are you located?

Best regards

Hi.

I am located close to Ålesund. For our american friends that is about 75 miles south from Narvik. Nice color on your truck :nabble_smiley_beam:

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

I am located close to Ålesund. For our american friends that is about 75 miles south from Narvik. Nice color on your truck :nabble_smiley_beam:

Hi Bullnose friends

2021 has been a busy year for me and the family.

We moved from Narvik and 1500 km south to the Southern most part of Norway, primarily for work and family reasons.

We made the move during the summer vacation, and decided to make the most of it.

So I used a good part of the spring, preparing the Bullnose for the trip.

It had some nasty dents and scratches, and via a Norwegian firm I got the right colors :=)

Also a newly renovated carburetor was installed, first one leaked second has worked like a champ, and made cold starting easier, so since then it starts everytime first time:=)

Bullnose made the 3 weeks of driving south without a beat and served as camping gear truck for the family.

It truly was a fun experience seeing scenic Norway in af 1984 bullnose, many thumbs up and smiles on the way.

Moving is also a practical exercise, and it has carried sofas, beds and boxes during august and september.

But last weekend I had and incident, upon start I heard a humming/light spinning noise right before turn over, I drove for 15 min, turned it off and 30 min later I was off again, so I thought. Now the engine didn't turn over just the spinning noise coming from the starter.

I was thinking it was the starter that might had seized in some humid weather we had the last week.

Charged the battery over night and tapped the starter with a hammer, to no prevail.

Got the truck home and pulled the starter, and this is what I find

Problem_rester.jpg.2f6c30bbde7b7b57687951bf866b7315.jpg

These parts are lying under the hole where the starter goes

flywheel has half a broken tooth visibel

ProblemSvnghjul.jpg.7cdad95e9ecb66fa808a3746be90ebcf.jpg

Starter will turn both was without any resistance

Problem_starter.jpg.196fbd1156f190c62927f75d9e3c701f.jpg

Work is done I an makeshift garage, and most of my tools are in boxes:(

I can however get a new starter and solenoid ( not thinking solenoid that is the problem however) by next week and do the job myself.

I am thinking the parts in the first picture are from a broken ballbearing in the starter, and that is the reason

it is not working.

Best regards

Christian

Am I on the right path?

Hi Bullnose friends

2021 has been a busy year for me and the family.

We moved from Narvik and 1500 km south to the Southern most part of Norway, primarily for work and family reasons.

We made the move during the summer vacation, and decided to make the most of it.

So I used a good part of the spring, preparing the Bullnose for the trip.

It had some nasty dents and scratches, and via a Norwegian firm I got the right colors :=)

Also a newly renovated carburetor was installed, first one leaked second has worked like a champ, and made cold starting easier, so since then it starts everytime first time:=)

Bullnose made the 3 weeks of driving south without a beat and served as camping gear truck for the family.

It truly was a fun experience seeing scenic Norway in af 1984 bullnose, many thumbs up and smiles on the way.

Moving is also a practical exercise, and it has carried sofas, beds and boxes during august and september.

But last weekend I had and incident, upon start I heard a humming/light spinning noise right before turn over, I drove for 15 min, turned it off and 30 min later I was off again, so I thought. Now the engine didn't turn over just the spinning noise coming from the starter.

I was thinking it was the starter that might had seized in some humid weather we had the last week.

Charged the battery over night and tapped the starter with a hammer, to no prevail.

Got the truck home and pulled the starter, and this is what I find

These parts are lying under the hole where the starter goes

flywheel has half a broken tooth visibel

Starter will turn both was without any resistance

Work is done I an makeshift garage, and most of my tools are in boxes:(

I can however get a new starter and solenoid ( not thinking solenoid that is the problem however) by next week and do the job myself.

I am thinking the parts in the first picture are from a broken ballbearing in the starter, and that is the reason

it is not working.

Best regards

Christian

Am I on the right path?

Looks like the rollers out of the overrun clutch on the starter drive.

Hopefully you got all the parts out of the bell-housing.

Should be fine once you replace the starter.