Bullnose Forums

Norwegian F250, 1984, 460, 2wd

Papelione

Happy to help!

We are getting definitely getting closer.

Here are just some thoughts and how I would go about it. Others may have more efficient ways.

No cab marker lamps so that can be ruled out

No body marker lamps so that can be ruled out

Trailer package?

The front side markers and parking lamps are continuous so I would twist the sockets out of the lenses and inspect. Follow the wiring on either side back to the firewall and inspect the whole way.

Disconnect C1002 at the rear crossmember. This will eliminate the rear parking lamps and license plate lamps. Watch your knuckles when pulling this connector apart. Test after doing this.

If the fuse blew, disconnect C121 below the brake booster to eliminate the entire rear circuit. Test after doing this.

If the fuse blew even with C121 disconnected then it's back to the front side and parking lamp circuit which involves inspecting under the dash since the passenger side wiring crosses over inside the cab

The buzzer circuit is also part of this but I would think it the least likely cause

My gut feeling, just because there has already been one issue at the rear taillights, is that disconnecting C1002 will prevent the fuse from blowing at which time you can pull the taillights and inspect. You don't have to disconnect if you would prefer to pull the taillight housings instead and inspect.

But that still leaves all the harness down the frame to the plug inside the rear.

You can work from one end or the other, but you must be methodical.

And if you're on your 20th fuse it would be wise to install a breaker instead.

(I keep a couple of these in my box just for troubleshooting)

But that still leaves all the harness down the frame to the plug inside the rear.

That's where C121 comes in. I put it second since I would rather do the cross member plug as, in my experience, it comes apart easier without wishing for another set of hands.

Absolutely. This is where I like disconnecting connectors and leaving them unconnected until resolution even if they had no impact.

That's where C121 comes in. I put it second since I would rather do the cross member plug as, in my experience, it comes apart easier without wishing for another set of hands.

Absolutely. This is where I like disconnecting connectors and leaving them unconnected until resolution even if they had no impact.

Fault finding like this (especially intermittent shorts) is where my Simpson 260 really shines!

Fault finding like this (especially intermittent shorts) is where my Simpson 260 really shines!

IMG_3615.jpg.b076cc4bf615a5d5b4d88edfed0473f3.jpg

C1002->right tail light->hot black wire was touching ground, must have been from some red aftermarket lights in the rear bumper corners I dismantled.

Thanks a lot guys, right now I don't have any Electrical issues.

:nabble_anim_handshake::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_working:

C1002->right tail light->hot black wire was touching ground, must have been from some red aftermarket lights in the rear bumper corners I dismantled.Thanks a lot guys, right now I don't have any Electrical issues.:nabble_anim_handshake::nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_working:
That's tremendous!

I'm so glad you found the problem Christian!  👍

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020, 2:54 PM Papelione [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

C1002->right tail light->hot black wire was touching ground, must have been from some red aftermarket lights in the rear bumper corners I dismantled.

Congrat's!!! Just in time for the long winter? (You are losing 8 1/2 minutes of daylight per day right now, and we are losing 2 minutes. :nabble_smiley_scared:)

Congrat's!!! Just in time for the long winter? (You are losing 8 1/2 minutes of daylight per day right now, and we are losing 2 minutes. :nabble_smiley_scared:)

Yes

Guess I will take it of the road in the beginning of October.

Its not fall yet here, but we will be there soon enough. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Change of seasons has it´s own charm, do you have that where you live?

/Christian

Yes

Guess I will take it of the road in the beginning of October.

Its not fall yet here, but we will be there soon enough. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Change of seasons has it´s own charm, do you have that where you live?

/Christian

Yes, we have changing seasons. We've seen 114F some summers and -14F one winter. But it hasn't been that hot nor cold in years.

We used to have snow every winter, but we've not had a decent snow in several years. But the leaves will turn various colors in October and fall off. The grass will go dormant, and lots of things will be brown.

But our shortest daylight is 9 hours and 41 minutes. Compared to your 24 hours of darkness from December 5th to January 7th. :nabble_smiley_good:

However, every place on earth has the same amount of daylight in a year. It is just that some get it all in the summer and none in the winter.

Great! Glad to hear you got it sorted out.