Bullnose Forums

Norwegian F250, 1984, 460, 2wd

Papelione

Christian - I see what you are saying about the steering wheel. If the aftermarket wheel works but you want to use the original one, can you test it by placing electrical tape on the wheel? It wouldn't be a permanent fix, but it might prove you are onto something.

Vacation has been on the Schedule here in Norway, My bullnose was parked safeley in the garage, while we were away.

garage.jpg.f8e7c9dc22e096fde122baed8d4b6da1.jpg

Being back home I tried dealing with the small things thats been nagging me.

Rear right turn light didn`t work again, so I pulled the wheel and dug in to the large Connectors going from turnlight switch.

There was Power, and I was able to trace power all the way to trailer Connections.

There I found a original ford 4 pin Connector that was loose and full of dirt. Cleaned it up and tightent it With some strips. -problem solved- :=)

Next problem was not beeing able to use orignal steering Wheel witout blowing turnlight fuse, when turning right...…

Tried Gary`s tip With electrical tape on the back of the Wheel, worked until tape ripped of.

Took a disc grinder on the back of the Wheel to take Down the edge shown in the previous post.

Then I put a thin disc cut from bendabel plastic sheet in between steering Wheel back and turn light switch . Seams to be working. If not I will use the disc grinder again.

From what I can see I am missing steering Wheel grip, the rim is thin rubbery plastic With some cracks in it, And I have been looking for som Nice grip to put on the Wheel, I found this. Will that suffice or do I need some foam or padding under?

grip.png.2ea7321bcea60793dcc585ccd85d2958.png

But cant seam to find It in Europe, and Amazon charges 40 dollar for shipping, Product is below 20 dollar...… Any ideas? Is it posibel to buy in wallmart? or Target?

Next problem is that I dont have any parking light (neither front or back), also no instrument light.

Head light is good, and light in cab is good, and cargo light.

This happend some time ago, 5 amp fuse to inst light is good, light switch is original. Ordered a New one from rockauto it will be here tomorrow, hopefully inst light and park light will be back.

Replaced all light bulbs in instrument panel With LED, the small With bayonet fixture above light and wiper switch I will try getting in LED today, looking forward tho seeing it With lights on.

Other than that, I have replaced headlight bezels and fixed the right side Mirror, and finally replaced rear dampers With New Bilsteins.

Ride is now firm and bumps are a breaze, so little work and so much improvement.

front.jpg.f5ce98b343d4d8162958759c35f2a62b.jpg

And finally I must say, I really enjoy my truck, and working on it. Almost no rust, and most Things have never been touched before, (besides electrical…..) so it\s pretty easy getting Things on and off.

Stay safe and enjoy Your trucks.

Christian

Vacation has been on the Schedule here in Norway, My bullnose was parked safeley in the garage, while we were away.

Rear right turn light didn`t work again, so I pulled the wheel and dug in to the large Connectors going from turnlight switch.

There was Power, and I was able to trace power all the way to trailer Connections.

There I found a original ford 4 pin Connector that was loose and full of dirt. Cleaned it up and tightent it With some strips. -problem solved- :=)

Next problem was not beeing able to use orignal steering Wheel witout blowing turnlight fuse, when turning right...…

Tried Gary`s tip With electrical tape on the back of the Wheel, worked until tape ripped of.

Took a disc grinder on the back of the Wheel to take Down the edge shown in the previous post.

Then I put a thin disc cut from bendabel plastic sheet in between steering Wheel back and turn light switch . Seams to be working. If not I will use the disc grinder again.

From what I can see I am missing steering Wheel grip, the rim is thin rubbery plastic With some cracks in it, And I have been looking for som Nice grip to put on the Wheel, I found this. Will that suffice or do I need some foam or padding under?

But cant seam to find It in Europe, and Amazon charges 40 dollar for shipping, Product is below 20 dollar...… Any ideas? Is it posibel to buy in wallmart? or Target?

Next problem is that I dont have any parking light (neither front or back), also no instrument light.

This happend some time ago, 5 amp fuse to inst light is good, light switch is original. Ordered a New one from rockauto it will be here tomorrow, hopefully inst light and park light will be back.

Replaced all light bulbs in instrument panel With LED, the small With bayonet fixture above light and wiper switch I will try getting in LED today, looking forward tho seeing it With lights on.

Other than that, I have replaced headlight bezels and fixed the right side Mirror, and finally replaced rear dampers With New Bilsteins.

Ride is now firm and bumps are a breaze, so little work and so much improvement.

And finally I must say, I really enjoy my truck, and working on it. Almost no rust, and most Things have never been touched before, (besides electrical…..) so it\s pretty easy getting Things on and off.

Christian

Christian - Hope you had a wonderful vacation! Are the days starting to get very short there?

You've made good progress on the truck. Well done! You seem to have solved two electrical problems and several other issues as well.

Speaking of the truck, while you were away we announced that this year's truck show will be done virtually. So you should enter. See the page at Truck Shows/2020 Truck show for details.

On the steering wheel, there were two: a thin and hard wheel that is very narrow, and one with rubber padding. Sounds like you have the thin/hard/narrow one. I've never tried adding padding to them, but that wrap should add some thickness to yours, although maybe not much padding.

Anyway, welcome home! And happy trucking!

Christian - Hope you had a wonderful vacation! Are the days starting to get very short there?

You've made good progress on the truck. Well done! You seem to have solved two electrical problems and several other issues as well.

Speaking of the truck, while you were away we announced that this year's truck show will be done virtually. So you should enter. See the page at Truck Shows/2020 Truck show for details.

On the steering wheel, there were two: a thin and hard wheel that is very narrow, and one with rubber padding. Sounds like you have the thin/hard/narrow one. I've never tried adding padding to them, but that wrap should add some thickness to yours, although maybe not much padding.

Anyway, welcome home! And happy trucking!

Sorry, I forgot the question about Walmart. I Googled "steering wheel wrap" on their site and got this result. But all of the results say "sold and shipped by" someone else, so I'm not sure that they'd ship to you.

Surely someone in Europe does steering wheel wraps?

Christian

Christian, be careful if replacing the battery/alternator warning light with LED.

The diode will not pass enough current to get the alternator to charge.

(We just had a discussion on the forum about this)

Christian, be careful if replacing the battery/alternator warning light with LED.

The diode will not pass enough current to get the alternator to charge.

(We just had a discussion on the forum about this)

Ok, so I should keep standard bulb behind battery charge gauge?

Good to know will swap that back then.

/Christian

Ok, so I should keep standard bulb behind battery charge gauge?

Good to know will swap that back then.

/Christian

No, you're fine to change the bulb behind the gauge Christian. Jim is referring to the warning light that some trucks had instead of an ammeter.

Oh, beat me to it Jim!:nabble_smiley_good:

No, you're fine to change the bulb behind the gauge Christian. Jim is referring to the warning light that some trucks had instead of an ammeter.

Oh, beat me to it Jim!:nabble_smiley_good:

Ok, thank you for fast reply.

Now looking forward to New light switch, would be a bliss to have park and instrument lights again.

Guess I know tomorrow.

/Christian

Ok, thank you for fast reply.

Now looking forward to New light switch, would be a bliss to have park and instrument lights again.

Guess I know tomorrow.

/Christian

Ok, so it was not the switch....

Fuse ok, but no power in run, have not checked start position (test light).

New switch, does not change anything.

I do not have position lights ( amber lenses in front). Tail lights, or instrument lights.

I use to have it, but not right now.

Obviously I have been tampering alot under the dash with reconnecting wiper switch and deleting external start button, could there be a loose ground?, from what I can see in my Haynes wirering diagram inst lights and tail lights are not connected.

Gary do you have a picture of the relevant wiring diagram, seams that yours have more detail.

Any ideas on where to start?

Best

Christian

Ok, so it was not the switch....

Fuse ok, but no power in run, have not checked start position (test light).

New switch, does not change anything.

I do not have position lights ( amber lenses in front). Tail lights, or instrument lights.

I use to have it, but not right now.

Obviously I have been tampering alot under the dash with reconnecting wiper switch and deleting external start button, could there be a loose ground?, from what I can see in my Haynes wirering diagram inst lights and tail lights are not connected.

Gary do you have a picture of the relevant wiring diagram, seams that yours have more detail.

Any ideas on where to start?

Best

Christian

Christian, Gary has the 1985 EVTM hosted here on the site.

You see the signal lights diagram at the top of this page.

Which do you think would be more relevant?

Marker lamps?

The EVTM is a complete diagnostic manual, that can walk anybody through finding fault with any of the systems on the truck.

1985-etm-page80.jpg.297d5ae81ad9a761820f5c5407e97000.jpg