Bullnose Forum

Norwegian F250, 1984, 460, 2wd

Papelione

Spring at last.

It has been long 6 month since "Brownie" went in to winter storage.

A lot has happened during that time. And many times I missed tinkering with the truck.

Spring is coming to Narvik again, (snowing today though).

The dual tank project was finished I thought, a couple of days after the last post. The sender unit on the front pump stopped sending, and I couldn't fill the front tank at anything other than extremely slow.

Truck is in garage and I will once again take of the bed, and change the pump and check for kinks in the filler hose og if the tank vent cap is not working, new parts is in place.

Cant wait to get started again :=)

Welcome back! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Sorry you are having problems again. But before you pull the bed you might want to pull the wire off the sender and ground it to make sure that it really is the sender.

Regarding the problem filling the tank, what tank and filler neck did you install? I ask because a Bullnose tank won't work very well with a later filler. Otherwise, you may have a kink in the vent hose.

Spring at last.

It has been long 6 month since "Brownie" went in to winter storage.

A lot has happened during that time. And many times I missed tinkering with the truck.

Spring is coming to Narvik again, (snowing today though).

The dual tank project was finished I thought, a couple of days after the last post. The sender unit on the front pump stopped sending, and I couldn't fill the front tank at anything other than extremely slow.

Truck is in garage and I will once again take of the bed, and change the pump and check for kinks in the filler hose og if the tank vent cap is not working, new parts is in place.

Cant wait to get started again :=)

Hi.

Hello from the other Norwegian :nabble_smiley_good: Will be interesting following your work.

Hi.

Hello from the other Norwegian :nabble_smiley_good: Will be interesting following your work.

It was with a heavy head I finished my work on the truck sunday night.

Pulled the bed and installed the new pump, neither sender nor pump worked.

Brand new pump, had to install the old one. At least the pump works.

Last year I tested the sender function on the wire going to the pump with the rear pump and it worked fine....

So that will that for now, I have the dual pump setup, and the rear has a sender that work, I will have to do with the front without sender.

Next up is installing a overhauled carburetor, ordered a remanufactured from Summit, It should be here in the beginning of June. The old one is working fine besides from start up. Fast idle cam is not activated. From what I can see there is a arm with a screw that should lift it when I press the gas pedel, and that arm is gone. And the Im just treating my self to a "new cleaned and sealed" carb and will be sending the core back, or just clean and repack it for the joy of it.

Tomorrow Im going to the workshop to get a quote on the job of fixing a couple of dents and scratches.

Nice with a fellow Norwegian Bullnose, where are you located?

Best regards

It was with a heavy head I finished my work on the truck sunday night.

Pulled the bed and installed the new pump, neither sender nor pump worked.

Brand new pump, had to install the old one. At least the pump works.

Last year I tested the sender function on the wire going to the pump with the rear pump and it worked fine....

So that will that for now, I have the dual pump setup, and the rear has a sender that work, I will have to do with the front without sender.

Next up is installing a overhauled carburetor, ordered a remanufactured from Summit, It should be here in the beginning of June. The old one is working fine besides from start up. Fast idle cam is not activated. From what I can see there is a arm with a screw that should lift it when I press the gas pedel, and that arm is gone. And the Im just treating my self to a "new cleaned and sealed" carb and will be sending the core back, or just clean and repack it for the joy of it.

Tomorrow Im going to the workshop to get a quote on the job of fixing a couple of dents and scratches.

Nice with a fellow Norwegian Bullnose, where are you located?

Best regards

Two steps forward and one back is till progress, and progress is good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Two steps forward and one back is till progress, and progress is good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Quote was 2500-3000 dollars Maybe more.

Too much for me unfortunately, thought i Will give it a go myself.

Couldnt fine colour codes in documentation, where should i look?

Quote was 2500-3000 dollars Maybe more.

Too much for me unfortunately, thought i Will give it a go myself.

Couldnt fine colour codes in documentation, where should i look?

The codes are at Documentation/Specifications/Exterior Paint Codes.

Found it now:=), any recommendations where to find spraycans in right colour?

Here in the US most body shop supply will mix and fill spray cans with 2K for any paint code you can find.

I imagine in Norway they might not have 40 year old American codes in their computer.

But I'm sure if you have the correct data for whatever paint line they use they can mix and fill them for you.

In the US, DuPont, PPG and Sherwin Williams are probably the big three with two or three tiers or different lines of paint each.

What is used in Northern Europe?

ICI and Glasurit?

Here in the US most body shop supply will mix and fill spray cans with 2K for any paint code you can find.

I imagine in Norway they might not have 40 year old American codes in their computer.

But I'm sure if you have the correct data for whatever paint line they use they can mix and fill them for you.

In the US, DuPont, PPG and Sherwin Williams are probably the big three with two or three tiers or different lines of paint each.

What is used in Northern Europe?

ICI and Glasurit?

Hi

I must say I don't know:=)

But it might be similar here, found a Norwegian online paint store , that mixes by code and fills it on spray cans.

Base color is light desert tan and stripes are dark walnut metallic.

Order of work is:

Contour duplicator to make a copy of the wheel arch where it´s not dented

Try to hammer out the dent as good as possible.

Sand

thin layer of filler

more filler and use the copy of contour.

sand

filler

when happy prime

spray paint

gloss coat

drink a beer with a smile on the face.

project pictures

Ridse_1.jpg.e52c5ec71651233ae4be807419069206.jpg

Hi

I must say I don't know:=)

But it might be similar here, found a Norwegian online paint store , that mixes by code and fills it on spray cans.

Base color is light desert tan and stripes are dark walnut metallic.

Order of work is:

Contour duplicator to make a copy of the wheel arch where it´s not dented

Try to hammer out the dent as good as possible.

Sand

thin layer of filler

more filler and use the copy of contour.

sand

filler

when happy prime

spray paint

gloss coat

drink a beer with a smile on the face.

project pictures

The paint codes can be found here:. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/exterior-paint-codes.html

But this doesn't show what base or pigment needs added.

I do not know if there is any cross reference either.

I would seriously doubt the information available in a database for the current generation of computer controlled mixers.

Though if the volumes were known I'm sure someone could punch them in manually.