Bullnose Forum

Norwegian F250, 1984, 460, 2wd

Papelione

I'm glad it helps. Good luck!

Hi

Still on the Reading and preparing stage, wondering if any of you guys have ideas to read up on rebuild

renovating the 7,5 460 engine. Would love to follow a blog on a diy mek on that engine.

Any ideas og good reads?

Best regards

Christian

Hi

Still on the Reading and preparing stage, wondering if any of you guys have ideas to read up on rebuild

renovating the 7,5 460 engine. Would love to follow a blog on a diy mek on that engine.

Any ideas og good reads?

Best regards

Christian

Consider what you want from it (or what would make it better for you) very carefully before committing it to the machine shop.

I've made choices that haven't been best, but the 7.5 still keeps plugging along.

Consider what you want from it (or what would make it better for you) very carefully before committing it to the machine shop.

I've made choices that haven't been best, but the 7.5 still keeps plugging along.

I agree with Jim. Read and plan first, then build.

One resource is Scotty at Parkland Performance Auto Machine. I bought a short-block, an engine w/o heads or pan, from him and may not have been able to beat his price much by having the work done locally.

However, shipping heavy things is expensive, especially to far northern Norway, so I can see the desire to do it locally.

• 1 month later...

I agree with Jim. Read and plan first, then build.

One resource is Scotty at Parkland Performance Auto Machine. I bought a short-block, an engine w/o heads or pan, from him and may not have been able to beat his price much by having the work done locally.

However, shipping heavy things is expensive, especially to far northern Norway, so I can see the desire to do it locally.

Hi guys

At last snow cleared up here for a moment at last, got the truck out of Storage in late april and been using it daily since then.

Having not owned a full size pick-up before it is a real pleasure just dumping Things in the back and not puzzling to get it in the Family car.

Been doing some small Things too, rear bumper was wire brushed and painted, mounted the to trim parts that was missing. Rubbed it With turpintine, will problably apply penzole flood later on. Choke was stuck got that fixed for now, and will start right up now.

But within first 5 min after Cold start up I have to rev it otherwise it dies on my, trid idling it while watching the choke plate and would open up slowly in 3 min, which I think is normal?

Carburator rebuild or cleaning? Holley H4-4180 i believe.

Othervice just been getting to know it camping and enjoying the truck.

Here\s som Pictures from lat month:=)

f2502.jpg.66791f456dd39a8e1346eb6917eb0de4.jpg

Camping this weekend, glad I have Heavy sleeping bag :=)

f2500.jpg.4b5a21ea79b3ac7ba53b7e23606c4464.jpg

Hauling outdoor Furniture, rear bumper off;=)

f2505.jpg.af1ff5776c57e65d91ad5a3efd642847.jpg

f2506.jpg.354acfcb6e743db5b20e382695e359e0.jpg

Found this truck that was being demolished and agreed With owner.

Got some Things Mirrors, Chairs, center console, and New rear bumper.

f2508.jpg.44566ca9f8af62ce4852777a5ded98bf.jpg

f2509.jpg.cb1f0fbebb23fc3f10a7bb7889f9775b.jpg

Hi guys

At last snow cleared up here for a moment at last, got the truck out of Storage in late april and been using it daily since then.

Having not owned a full size pick-up before it is a real pleasure just dumping Things in the back and not puzzling to get it in the Family car.

Been doing some small Things too, rear bumper was wire brushed and painted, mounted the to trim parts that was missing. Rubbed it With turpintine, will problably apply penzole flood later on. Choke was stuck got that fixed for now, and will start right up now.

But within first 5 min after Cold start up I have to rev it otherwise it dies on my, trid idling it while watching the choke plate and would open up slowly in 3 min, which I think is normal?

Carburator rebuild or cleaning? Holley H4-4180 i believe.

Othervice just been getting to know it camping and enjoying the truck.

Here\s som Pictures from lat month:=)

Camping this weekend, glad I have Heavy sleeping bag :=)

Hauling outdoor Furniture, rear bumper off;=)

Found this truck that was being demolished and agreed With owner.

Got some Things Mirrors, Chairs, center console, and New rear bumper.

Cool! Literally! Yes, heavy sleeping bag is needed.

Good find on that truck. Glad you got the parts off of it.

On the choke, it sounds like the fast idle isn't adjusted properly. There are two different Ford publications on servicing that carb here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/holley-4180c.html. Go to the Ford Service Manuals tab and then the 4180C-4V tab. On Page 10 is the discussion about adjusting the fast idle.

However, before you do as they say and rotate the choke cap 45 degrees, note where it is set now so you can put it back. And, personally I'd not bother with bending the wire. I would just give the screw half a turn or so and see if that doesn't bring your idle up while the choke is on. You may need more, you may need less, so keep track of how much you turn it so you can put it back.

Cool! Literally! Yes, heavy sleeping bag is needed.

Good find on that truck. Glad you got the parts off of it.

On the choke, it sounds like the fast idle isn't adjusted properly. There are two different Ford publications on servicing that carb here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/holley-4180c.html. Go to the Ford Service Manuals tab and then the 4180C-4V tab. On Page 10 is the discussion about adjusting the fast idle.

However, before you do as they say and rotate the choke cap 45 degrees, note where it is set now so you can put it back. And, personally I'd not bother with bending the wire. I would just give the screw half a turn or so and see if that doesn't bring your idle up while the choke is on. You may need more, you may need less, so keep track of how much you turn it so you can put it back.

Yes it is cool, but not as cool as the 512 on the wall behind the headliner! 😉

A beautiful Country there Christian!

I'm sure you will make the best of long summer days in the outdoors.

Also called 512 BB, Berlinetta boxer, or Birgitte Bardot because of the shapes;=)

Will try adjusting fast idle screw and taking up rpm\ s a little more on startup.

/Christian

The sound of that engine is absolutely glorious as it comes on cam and the rack of Webers starts slurping through their velocity stacks!

It's so close behind your head you may as well be in the engine compartment.

No use for a radio in one of those cars.

• 2 weeks later...

The sound of that engine is absolutely glorious as it comes on cam and the rack of Webers starts slurping through their velocity stacks!

It's so close behind your head you may as well be in the engine compartment.

No use for a radio in one of those cars.

Friday update

Last weekend we went for a long camping trip with truck, sleep in tent for 3 nights, truck was great.

Had an incident though with at battery cable that lost its cable shoe, but that was easy fix.

IMG_3268.jpg.23490c8a852cacf7c1e7ee97cc372c2f.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg.312104d81bce2388d6ba695f8d2a2ef4.jpg

IMG_3245.jpg.eeb77f3abda78c065096f723f8503ef6.jpg

Back home I started out with two things In have looking to fix.

First was bad Wiper switch, that I changed working nicely now.

After that I tried to figure out why car won't

start with key, previous owner have made an arrangement with starter button under dash, connected to + on battery and starter solenoid and will start fine so.

Key will turn on heater and fuel pump but not crank. Dug in to column and changed key cylinder and ingnition switch, but problem was ignition actuator rod that was broken, had to order from ebay and waiting on it to reach Norway...

But when I push the rod that goes into the ignition switch, it cranks but will not start, any thoughts on were to look, since it will start with bypass button but only crank with ( pushing the rod).

?kabel.jpg.ee9233d14264b50fa6de06b2ee43fe10.jpg

lastly I got an offer too swap my bench seats with some nice bucket seats from a fellow bullnosian, thoughts ?

61244827327__616AAA8F-D590-439E-9384-0019F85EBD6D.jpg.9adc6d041599d4b7c6439538f0e9f9dc.jpg

DSC_03361_2.jpg.cb4fafdd8488f7b4b62d710ad9efa402.jpg

Have a nice weekend

Christian