Bullnose Forum

Norwegian F250, 1984, 460, 2wd

Papelione

As the truck is parked another Place for the Winter, ideas and shopping list is piling up.

Hope you dont mind if I check some of the list With you guys ;=)

Thinking of getting som hubcaps for the Wheels, will LMCs part number 49-4217 fit my steelwheels?

As mine is a 2wd and f250, there doesnt seam to much to pick from. But these would do. And I kind a like that basic "not to shiny" look.

Any ideas for the Wheels are velcome :=)

/Christian

They show it as fitting 2wd front, and rear F-250.

Unfortunately they do not offer depth, and the "light" 250's had semi floating rear axles that did not have a hub sticking out.

If you find that this fits also the F-350 rear, then it will fit over your hub, but may stick out far in the front (looking odd)

Thx guys

Found hubcapzone, they had four hubcaps that fit 3/4-1 ton truck, (Guess that means F250 hd and f350?).

https://www.hubcapzone.com/fordtrucks.html

At the bottom row four different caps are showing, which ones would fit? one is 2" deep and one is 4" and the other two doesn\ t say. But kinda like the one called 70ft.

Have a Nice day:=)

/C

I'm looking on my phone and I only see two per row but I believe those are the same as the ones on my truck (in avatar)

The 2" deep will fit the front of a 2wd truck, and the rear of an F-250 under 8,500# Gross Vehicle Weight.

(Just under 4 metric tonnes)

The 4" deep ones are what fits over the hub of a full floating axle, like we have.

The 70FT with the three lion Crest I've never seen on these Bullnose trucks.

I'd imagine it came on some 1970's vintage Ford's.

My grandmother's 1976/7 Country Squire station wagon was covered with those (different hubcaps, headlight doors, steering wheel, etc..)

I'm seeing the 70FT as out of stock, but I think it would look good on your truck.

I'm looking on my phone and I only see two per row but I believe those are the same as the ones on my truck (in avatar)

The 2" deep will fit the front of a 2wd truck, and the rear of an F-250 under 8,500# Gross Vehicle Weight.

(Just under 4 metric tonnes)

The 4" deep ones are what fits over the hub of a full floating axle, like we have.

The 70FT with the three lion Crest I've never seen on these Bullnose trucks.

I'd imagine it came on some 1970's vintage Ford's.

My grandmother's 1976/7 Country Squire station wagon was covered with those (different hubcaps, headlight doors, steering wheel, etc..)

I'm seeing the 70FT as out of stock, but I think it would look good on your truck.

For Jim's benefit, here's a screen grab of the hubcaps.

Hubcaps.thumb.jpg.d39d929d9d5b36bde341031093f99961.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Curiously, they sell their 4x4 caps for cheaper than the standard caps. Seems to me like the ones with the holes are the hardest ones to find! :nabble_anim_crazy:

Hi

When ordering rear brake parts for F250 from LMC you need to specify if part needed is C or D.

As per picture, C is 12"'3 rear brake shoes and D is 12"*2-1/2.

How do I check what I have?

Best regards

Christian

IMG_3007.jpg.809190e85bd5fd57454ac97345bd7c94.jpg

Hi

When ordering rear brake parts for F250 from LMC you need to specify if part needed is C or D.

As per picture, C is 12"'3 rear brake shoes and D is 12"*2-1/2.

How do I check what I have?

Best regards

Christian

Christian - You don't have a signature so I don't know the specifics about your truck. But go here and this should let you decide: Documentation/Driveline/Brakes and then go to the Rear Brakes tab and then the Brake Drum Numbers tab.

And if you need to know the rear axle capacity you should be able to get that from the certification label on the door frame. Go to Specifications/Axle Ratios and then decode the info from the certification label.

Hope that helps, but if not ask more questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Christian - You don't have a signature so I don't know the specifics about your truck. But go here and this should let you decide: Documentation/Driveline/Brakes and then go to the Rear Brakes tab and then the Brake Drum Numbers tab.

And if you need to know the rear axle capacity you should be able to get that from the certification label on the door frame. Go to Specifications/Axle Ratios and then decode the info from the certification label.

Hope that helps, but if not ask more questions.

Hi Gary

Does that say in the second Picture from the top?

Also when looking at videos on youtube it is hard to say how difficult it is changing the rear brakes, is a pretty straight forward job or do I need to worry. Thinking of taking inner Axel on and off.

Have done brake jobs before, but only on standard sedan, not on Heavy duty Axel trucks?

Best regards

Christian

Hi Gary

Does that say in the second Picture from the top?

Also when looking at videos on youtube it is hard to say how difficult it is changing the rear brakes, is a pretty straight forward job or do I need to worry. Thinking of taking inner Axel on and off.

Have done brake jobs before, but only on standard sedan, not on Heavy duty Axel trucks?

Best regards

Christian

Christian - Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "Does that say in the second Picture from the top?" Please say that again, differently.

As for the axle, that should be a Dana 60 or Dana 70 rear axle and I'm not familiar with taking them apart. Hopefully someone else on here is and will comment.

But, I see that I do not have the instructions on the site for that rear axle or, for that matter, those rear brakes. Let me see what I can do about that later today.