Bullnose Forums

Tool Trailer for Handyman Service

Ray Cecil

I was thinking if just starting out on this new "path" why spend the money on EFI when you have a working carb and for what return?

Same with the trucks, was looking at what "I" think would work best and why.

You doing dump runs with this trailer or is the junk being thrown in the bed of the truck for the dump run?

Sometimes someone will see something and a light bulb will go off and say "why did I not think of that"

Dave ----

Dave, I sincerely appreciate your advice and input. Especially since you offer it open minded, and not condecendingly.

Im not a practical guy. I do things cause I wanna. Not cause it makes sense, but because I enjoy it. But I wouldnt post on here if I didnt want advice. So, thank you.

Im not a practical guy. I do things cause I wanna.

Ray, we used to joke about the German engineers (when discussing VW issues).

"They do things because they can, not because they should".:nabble_smiley_grin:

I'm not much help, I know, but good luck with the project. I'll be watching along.

Im not a practical guy. I do things cause I wanna.

Ray, we used to joke about the German engineers (when discussing VW issues).

"They do things because they can, not because they should".:nabble_smiley_grin:

I'm not much help, I know, but good luck with the project. I'll be watching along.

I am part german....

I do a lot of handyman work.

If I had to use a trailer I'd probably get a front end hit, single wheel utility body pickup and make a trailer out of that. (As long as the flat part of the bed was 50" wide)

*Plenty of locking tool storage.

*Accessable from the outside.

*No need to try and stuff sheet goods into a closed space.

*Etc, ad infinitum..

I don't know if a Flareside could tow that. (remember, you need the brakes to stop it too)

But I sure as heck wouldn't want a 10-12' single axle enclosed trailer for what I do.

I'd definitely buy a upfitted beater white van before I did that (and struggle with sheet goods)

But you won't consider that option, so.....

I do a lot of handyman work.

If I had to use a trailer I'd probably get a front end hit, single wheel utility body pickup and make a trailer out of that. (As long as the flat part of the bed was 50" wide)

*Plenty of locking tool storage.

*Accessable from the outside.

*No need to try and stuff sheet goods into a closed space.

*Etc, ad infinitum..

I don't know if a Flareside could tow that. (remember, you need the brakes to stop it too)

But I sure as heck wouldn't want a 10-12' single axle enclosed trailer for what I do.

I'd definitely buy a upfitted beater white van before I did that (and struggle with sheet goods)

But you won't consider that option, so.....

I cant count how many times Ive needed an enclosed trailer. Ill start with a 10 or 12 footer. If it proves to be cumbersome, Ill consider something else. I do like Jim's idea of a utility truck back half.

My goal is to make the most money doing the lightest work possible.

I cant count how many times Ive needed an enclosed trailer. Ill start with a 10 or 12 footer. If it proves to be cumbersome, Ill consider something else. I do like Jim's idea of a utility truck back half.

My goal is to make the most money doing the lightest work possible.

I contacted Fitech. They confirmed that the primary and secondary valves open at the same time, 1:1.

So a dual port Offy would deliver air/fuel through both ports full time.

I contacted Fitech. They confirmed that the primary and secondary valves open at the same time, 1:1.

So a dual port Offy would deliver air/fuel through both ports full time.

I should probably figure out how the idle air works. If the primary and secondary valves meter idle air, or if its metered around them. This might make a difference....

I should probably figure out how the idle air works. If the primary and secondary valves meter idle air, or if its metered around them. This might make a difference....

Fuel injection systems usually have an idle air controller (IAC) that bleeds air around the throttle. The computer pulses the IAC to keep the engine idling at the preset RPM, despite the A/C system coming on, the tranny going in gear, the power steering pump requiring power, etc.

Fuel injection systems usually have an idle air controller (IAC) that bleeds air around the throttle. The computer pulses the IAC to keep the engine idling at the preset RPM, despite the A/C system coming on, the tranny going in gear, the power steering pump requiring power, etc.

Yup.

I was wondering if the idle air bleed would make it into both ports, or just one. It might not matter either way.

Having all valves open on the main TB would effectively make the Offy work like a single plane.