Bullnose Forums

Bumpside Bronco Turbo Diesel (1984 F1000?)

South America had a lot of interesting cars & trucks that we never got here.

You should see some of the AMC cars they got!

Dave ----

Dave,

I know, lots of oddball stuff!

I thought this one looked kind of cool as a bumpside Bronco. Like a vehicle that could have been (here) but wasn't.

I used to travel to Mexico quite a bit with a previous employer, and it was also funny to see thousands of new VW Beetles running around all over the place. I believe they also stopped producing them around the same time...mid-2000's.

South America had a lot of interesting cars & trucks that we never got here.

You should see some of the AMC cars they got!

Dave ----

Dave,

I know, lots of oddball stuff!

I thought this one looked kind of cool as a bumpside Bronco. Like a vehicle that could have been (here) but wasn't.

I used to travel to Mexico quite a bit with a previous employer, and it was also funny to see thousands of new VW Beetles running around all over the place. I believe they also stopped producing them around the same time...mid-2000's.

Strange! that looks like a 1976 pickup nose, So Ford was still selling the little "box" bronco here (till 1977) but made the big bronco elsewhere?

That is soooo cool! certainly you would be the only one in the US with this model.....

Strange! that looks like a 1976 pickup nose, So Ford was still selling the little "box" bronco here (till 1977) but made the big bronco elsewhere?

That is soooo cool! certainly you would be the only one in the US with this model.....

Any one look at their other items? they have 38 Maverick GT V-8's', Mustang fastbacks, and Fords version of the International Travel-all!

Could this stuff even be brought to the U.S. and Registered???

Could this stuff even be brought to the U.S. and Registered???

I seem to recall there being a 25 year age limit for importing non-USA market vehicles into the US. In Canada it is 15 years. What other limiting factors are I'm not sure. I know the European and JDM stuff are really common imports here...but they're starting to crack down on the right hand drive JDM stuff...at least the insurance companies are. I've looked into importing vehicles from Europe and the boat ride is $2000 CDN, and I believe about the same from Japan, although it takes a lot longer.

I never see anything imported from South America though. There is some cool stuff on that webpage. I'd rock one of those V8 Mavericks.:nabble_smiley_good: