Bullnose Forums

Rubber gaskets.

I have a combination of both those plastic ones and the rubbers. With the plastic I put sealant on the metal, put the plug in and smoothed out the squeeze out. Should be on my project page. With thos plastic ones they are tight, give them a good push in the middle and they will pop into place with good tactile feedback.

You could drill a hole in the middle of that plug put about a 1"long piece of clear tygon tubing from Lowe's through it (glued/sealed in) then run your coax through that tube. Once the coax is through tape both sides, then cut a slit just big enough for your sealant nozzle in one side and inject the tube with sealant. This will give you a good waterproof seal with a bit of reinforcement. May be overkill lol, you could also do a build up with some butyl tape.

You could probably just use Shoe-Goo.

It sticks tenaciously on cleaned surfaces, seals well and is available almost everywhere.

It sticks tenaciously on cleaned surfaces, seals well and is available almost everywhere.

Yea that stuff is pretty incredible, there is a brand called "Goop" it has different versions but it seems all the same. E6000 is also good stuff in a similar category.

Yea that stuff is pretty incredible, there is a brand called "Goop" it has different versions but it seems all the same. E6000 is also good stuff in a similar category.

4 or 5 kinds of Goop, and E6000.

All pretty much the same thing, marketed by the same company.

Steve83 has a manifesto on the stuff, if you care to search E6000.