Bullnose Forums

Rubber gaskets.

Steven - I'm not sure I know a source for the plug, but maybe I can at least get a part number. But where is that hole? And is it a factory hole?

It looks factory, if not the previous owner sure did a good job cutting them!

There about 2” and 1” diameter and behind the bench seat on the floor. Let me go take a better photo.

They are on the floor, behind the bench seat.

The two wires are from the CB to the antennas on the headache bar. Previous owner was extremely creative in wiring! I am finding all sorts of strange and unusual things throughout the truck!

If you go on amazon you can get body plugs for relatively cheap in plastic or rubber. Then you can seal them in place for added water protection. This will save you significant money over LMC. Small parts LMC charges a arm and a leg for, I found that out the hard way. I paid for body plugs from them and for the hardware for the front grill and surrounds. The front end hardware cost me $54 then found out I could have got three trucks worth for that price.

Some of those plugs from LMC are like $3 each when you can get a kit for $7-$15.

plugs.png.d650f85e805a4e52a27c538af2011bd9.png

If you go on amazon you can get body plugs for relatively cheap in plastic or rubber. Then you can seal them in place for added water protection. This will save you significant money over LMC. Small parts LMC charges a arm and a leg for, I found that out the hard way. I paid for body plugs from them and for the hardware for the front grill and surrounds. The front end hardware cost me $54 then found out I could have got three trucks worth for that price.

Some of those plugs from LMC are like $3 each when you can get a kit for $7-$15.

Right you are! I hadn't looked for body plugs for quite some time, but sure enough Amazon has a bunch of them. Here's a link that might help: https://www.amazon.com/Piece-Flush-Mount-Black-Assortment/dp/B00PP7XU1E

Right you are! I hadn't looked for body plugs for quite some time, but sure enough Amazon has a bunch of them. Here's a link that might help: https://www.amazon.com/Piece-Flush-Mount-Black-Assortment/dp/B00PP7XU1E

I have a combination of both those plastic ones and the rubbers. With the plastic I put sealant on the metal, put the plug in and smoothed out the squeeze out. Should be on my project page. With thos plastic ones they are tight, give them a good push in the middle and they will pop into place with good tactile feedback.

You could drill a hole in the middle of that plug put about a 1"long piece of clear tygon tubing from Lowe's through it (glued/sealed in) then run your coax through that tube. Once the coax is through tape both sides, then cut a slit just big enough for your sealant nozzle in one side and inject the tube with sealant. This will give you a good waterproof seal with a bit of reinforcement. May be overkill lol, you could also do a build up with some butyl tape.