Bullnose Forum

XLS Dream

MotorsportXLT

Hello guys, Gary suggested that I start a new Build Thread for my "future" XLS that I plan on building when I get done with college. Back When I was 15 I bought my first Bullnose. It was a 1985 F150 XLT Lariat 5.0 auto. She was rough around the edges, but man I loved that truck. The only problem I had with her was she was a 2x4. Up here in MT that just doesn't cut it in the winter. I ended up finding my 1985 Bronco XLT. I will eventually start another thread about my Bronco project. About 2 years ago I found a rough red 82 XLS Flareside. I was going to make the deal, but i found a real R code 1994 F150 Lightning, and i couldn't pass up on the opportunity. Since then I have made the decision that I have to have a Flareside XLS, there’s just something about them. In the past year I have went crazy collecting some of the hard to find pieces for a Flareside. I have NOS taillights and a rear bumper. I also have tracked down NOS XLS western style black mirrors, headlight buckets, and a dash plaque. I have a set of used XLS dash bezels too. I also have all the black interior pieces for a single cab. I just want to find a black A/C dash. I also found a perfect black dash pad. I have a couple sets of fog lights and switches, and the switch covers. When I go home for Christmas break I will post all the different pieces that I have collected over the years. Ultimately the goal for the XLS is to have all the "sporty" options that were available during the Bullnose era. Funny thing is, is I have all these parts for a Flareside, but no actual Flareside yet :nabble_anim_confused:. I am working on a deal for a little 82 Flareside that I could make into an XLS. I want to paint the truck in a 2011 Ford color "Steel Blue Metallic". Here is an Escape Sport with the blackout treatment. I think an XLS done with the right color blue stripes would look awesome in this color. What do you guys think? I will post more about this project as it progresses. I am in "day dream" mode as being in college I cant afford to buy anything. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

escapexls.thumb.jpg.e762f10f0fd21b92b380085d0c36cac7.jpg

Hi Chris :nabble_waving_orig:

Gary had mentioned he was talking with you.

Sounds like you and Shaun should put your heads together.

I have no idea what would come out, but it would be AWESOME!

As you know, this forum is well on it's way to becoming FOG, the flaresides owners group. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I think duallies should count too.

Anything with fiberglass fenders that stick out.

Anyway, subscribed, and looking forward to the build.... 👍

Chris - This is cool! I like flaresides, although I don't have one, and am anxious to see your build. And, with a list of parts that you need vs those you have maybe some of our "finders" will help you out.

Also, I think that color looks good with the blackout treatment. Will you have the stripe made out of vinyl or painted on?

How 'bout the engine and tranny? What are the plans? And 4wd?

Chris - This is cool! I like flaresides, although I don't have one, and am anxious to see your build. And, with a list of parts that you need vs those you have maybe some of our "finders" will help you out.

Also, I think that color looks good with the blackout treatment. Will you have the stripe made out of vinyl or painted on?

Do they make wrap vinyl in "2011 Ford Steel Blue Metallic"?

I've seen plenty of printed wraps, but never metallic printing.

I am thinking about doing the stripes in vinyl, but i'm gonna talk to my decal guy and see if he can do them in reflective stripe. As for the power-train I am torn, part of me wants to have a 4x4 but part of me wants to do a crown vic front suspension swap on the front. I do know that I for sure want a 5.0 coyote with a 10 speed auto.

I am thinking about doing the stripes in vinyl, but i'm gonna talk to my decal guy and see if he can do them in reflective stripe. As for the power-train I am torn, part of me wants to have a 4x4 but part of me wants to do a crown vic front suspension swap on the front. I do know that I for sure want a 5.0 coyote with a 10 speed auto.

The Coyote w/a 10 speed would be good, but a 6 speed might be easier to find, and I can tell you that they work well.