Bullnose Forums

Pex Door Striker Mod

Bruno2

FYI, there are a lot of negative things said about the Dorman striker sleeves. They are apparently a few thousandths too big. It causes the doors not to open when installed or have to be shut extremely hard. People were grinding about .05" off of them to make them operate right.

Sounds like my flywheel/ring gear! 😖😡😭

FYI, there are a lot of negative things said about the Dorman striker sleeves. They are apparently a few thousandths too big. It causes the doors not to open when installed or have to be shut extremely hard. People were grinding about .05" off of them to make them operate right.

Did this on my truck with "Ford" blue 1/2inch PEX except I did it the cheaper way. Split it down the middle, used a part of pliers to slip it over. The pex seems to have enough memory to hold itself in place. What a world of difference it makes.

Not only is pex probably more durable than the doorman stuff. I got like a 5ft piece for $1.82 at lowes... That's a lot of sleeve.

Did this on my truck with "Ford" blue 1/2inch PEX except I did it the cheaper way. Split it down the middle, used a part of pliers to slip it over. The pex seems to have enough memory to hold itself in place. What a world of difference it makes.

Not only is pex probably more durable than the doorman stuff. I got like a 5ft piece for $1.82 at lowes... That's a lot of sleeve.

This reminds me that I need to get back w/the gal that runs the nearby salvage and see when I can go over and look for parts. Would like to pick up some of those strikers.

Brandon - Plans for Saturday?

This reminds me that I need to get back w/the gal that runs the nearby salvage and see when I can go over and look for parts. Would like to pick up some of those strikers.

Brandon - Plans for Saturday?

Grandbaby's second bday party. Party starts at 10:45 will probably be by 12:45. I would like a longer day. Maybe weekend after?

What is the benefit of the guard, Gary?

My understand was that it keeps the seat belt/shoulder harness from getting caught on the striker and the door getting slammed on it. But I've not seen anything in writing to confirm that. Nor do I know where I heard it.

Hmmm. I’ve not had a problem with the post, but the retractor is weak on mine and sometimes the buckle blade itself or the stiffener sheath by the floor end up in the door jamb. I didn’t particularly like the guard type but perhaps it is useful...

Hmmm. I’ve not had a problem with the post, but the retractor is weak on mine and sometimes the buckle blade itself or the stiffener sheath by the floor end up in the door jamb. I didn’t particularly like the guard type but perhaps it is useful...

The guard has a radius to match the bolt, but does not touch it. Possibly for support if the bolt shifts during a hard close/impact to keep it from going to far? Like an over travel stop? I'm sure its like that for turning clearance, just shooting in the wind, I am curious of its purpose now.

• 3 months later...

The guard has a radius to match the bolt, but does not touch it. Possibly for support if the bolt shifts during a hard close/impact to keep it from going to far? Like an over travel stop? I'm sure its like that for turning clearance, just shooting in the wind, I am curious of its purpose now.

This is a bit cheeky; someone is selling the PEX mod on eBay, marketed as "striker bushing Alternative to Dorman"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8x-Ford-door-lift-striker-bushing-Alternative-to-Dorman-38424-and-38445/223494244587?_trkparms=aid%3D1110004%26algo%3DSPLICE.COMP%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20200220094952%26meid%3Ddd5a80aca5b74b7781024f58fbe2118a%26pid%3D100008%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D383459458275%26itm%3D223494244587%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3Ddefault%26brand%3DUnbranded&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219