Bullnose Forums

DS I vs DS II conversion

Danny G

Don't believe me...

Ask Bill (Numberdummy) over on FTE.

He was a California parts counter man for 38 years, during the heyday of the Bullnose.

I sent an email to Bill, but not sure if he will get it. Perhaps some of you may be able to help me with this.

I'm about to start my DSII conversion on my CA 83 F150 (302, AT) that is still equipped with all the factory EECIII components.

I'm not a mechanic or an electrical engineer, so this isn't easy for me to digest, but I've been doing a lot of reading on DSII conversions from EEC-IV, and not much info going from EECIII. One thing I read is that the ignition sequence goes through the EEC-III computer so I'm wondering how to account for that when I remove the computer and if my factory wiring harness will still work at all??

I have already purchased a proper carb, DSII distributor, DSII ignition module and the harness from the DSII module. The harness is complete to the coil, which I plan to reuse from my existing setup. The other side of the harness is cut, but I have the plug in/terminal ends complete to the ignition module.

I am wondering if there is a simple to read diagram (maybe even hand drawn) available that will help me figure out how to wire this into the ignition circuit??

Thank you so much!

Troy

I sent an email to Bill, but not sure if he will get it. Perhaps some of you may be able to help me with this.

I'm about to start my DSII conversion on my CA 83 F150 (302, AT) that is still equipped with all the factory EECIII components.

I'm not a mechanic or an electrical engineer, so this isn't easy for me to digest, but I've been doing a lot of reading on DSII conversions from EEC-IV, and not much info going from EECIII. One thing I read is that the ignition sequence goes through the EEC-III computer so I'm wondering how to account for that when I remove the computer and if my factory wiring harness will still work at all??

I have already purchased a proper carb, DSII distributor, DSII ignition module and the harness from the DSII module. The harness is complete to the coil, which I plan to reuse from my existing setup. The other side of the harness is cut, but I have the plug in/terminal ends complete to the ignition module.

I am wondering if there is a simple to read diagram (maybe even hand drawn) available that will help me figure out how to wire this into the ignition circuit??

Thank you so much!

Troy

I got it and replied, I will get you some more information, part of the problem is my AllData doesn't really cover much earlier than 1984 in detail. If Gary can dig up distributor numbers for non-EEC 302 engines that will give a good starting point.

I got it and replied, I will get you some more information, part of the problem is my AllData doesn't really cover much earlier than 1984 in detail. If Gary can dig up distributor numbers for non-EEC 302 engines that will give a good starting point.

Here are the donor parts I was given from a T bird

IMG_20191119_115320772.jpg.b9a0fc94a57a89aa5bb6b7911541732a.jpg

IMG_20191119_115333061.jpg.ef99f853b4405cddfc5423ee7ac4ef57.jpg

Thank you so much!

Troy

Perhaps this can help you:

duraspark_sm_8d471ea14c1add4198c305966ae7c1ebf66448e5.jpg.bb72eceac3a29c73b72aef9d224de04f.jpg