Bullnose Forums

Winch Mount Options

Ray Cecil

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what kind of alternator does your Silverado have?

What's the amp draw of your winch at load?

Googled it. Don't you love google?

Looks like my factory alternator is 105 amps, and easily upgraded to 145 amps

Here is the specs on the winch. But I don't see an amp draw at load yet....

I went back to this post and see the winch is rated at 1.9 Hp.

In a perfect world one horsepower=746W, x1.9=1417 /13V=109A

That seems an awful lot for an ATV to put out, but what do I know...

Maybe it's rated like shopvacs, where "6.5 Hp" @ 120V would equal 40.4A and we all know THAT isn't happening from a wall outlet through a 14Ga cord.

I am currently searching for a plastic box to mount everything in. I will probably throw the box into the bed towards the back when going logging, and remove it when not logging. I will run the 1/0 charging wire from the Isolator under the hood, back near the tailgate...... if I put everything in a hard plastic box, with some of those fancy quick disconnect plugs, I can easily clear up bed space when not logging.

Those new Apache boxes (Pelican knock offs) at Horrid Fate are getting great reviews.

I'm considering getting some for packout boxes and moving away from the Festool Systainers.

Those new Apache boxes (Pelican knock offs) at Horrid Fate are getting great reviews....

"Horrid Fate"!!! Hahahahaha!!!!

Yeah, I just missed a $45 truck toolbox on FB marketplace just down the street from me!!! Day late and a dollar short.

I've been waiting for "Horrid Fate" to get the receiver hitch winch mount back in stock. I've tried twice now. Maybe today will be the day.

Those new Apache boxes (Pelican knock offs) at Horrid Fate are getting great reviews....

"Horrid Fate"!!! Hahahahaha!!!!

Yeah, I just missed a $45 truck toolbox on FB marketplace just down the street from me!!! Day late and a dollar short.

I've been waiting for "Horrid Fate" to get the receiver hitch winch mount back in stock. I've tried twice now. Maybe today will be the day.

Alright....let's talk batteries for a moment.

Optima - Used to be top notch, then moved to Mexico and quality declined.....

Interstate AGM - No experience, thoughts?

DieHard Non AGM- Never let me down.

Other non AGM batteries....

I know you guys have lots of opinions on batteries. It's probably as touchy a subject as oil....:nabble_smiley_wink:

I know you guys have lots of opinions on batteries. It's probably as touchy a subject as oil....:nabble_smiley_wink:

Yes, I heard that Optima went down hill, badly. But don't have any experience with them.

Big Blue came with a huge Odyssey Extreme in the starting spot, and when I added the auxiliary battery I bought another Odyssey Extreme, although smaller, to match. They've served quite well.

Yes, I heard that Optima went down hill, badly. But don't have any experience with them.

Big Blue came with a huge Odyssey Extreme in the starting spot, and when I added the auxiliary battery I bought another Odyssey Extreme, although smaller, to match. They've served quite well.

Where did you buy the odyssey?

Any experience with Interstate bats?

Where did you buy the odyssey?

Any experience with Interstate bats?

Bought the Odyssey at 4Wheel Parts in Tulsa, but they are available lots of places. 4Wheel Parts said they sell a lot of them to offroaders as they are good, solid batteries.

No experience with Interstate other than Rusty had one and it worked fine.

Oh, the debate and :nabble_poo-23_orig: flies over batteries and brands.

It's been said that there are only really three manufactures and everything else is rebranded.

So Yuasa, Johnson Controls and (I forget.. :nabble_smiley_teeth:)

Make everything like Die-Hard, Autocraft, etc..

Bought the Odyssey at 4Wheel Parts in Tulsa, but they are available lots of places. 4Wheel Parts said they sell a lot of them to offroaders as they are good, solid batteries.

No experience with Interstate other than Rusty had one and it worked fine.

Gary, your test user account is active....