Bullnose Forums

New Truck Manhattan, Kansas

mattmo

Hello from Kansas!

Just purchased a 1985 F250 flatbed. 351w with a Warner T18. Found the truck for sale and couldn't resist. Very excited to start on my first project truck.

To do list:

-Replace Throttle Cable

-Engine Oil Change

-Air Filter check/change

-Transmission Service

-Differential Oil change

-Coolant check/change

-Brake fluid check/change

-Spark plugs + plug wires

-Belts check

-Shocks/Leaf check/replace

-Brake check

-Battery cables check

-Ujoints check

-New wheels

-New tires

-Rust cleanup

Questions:

-What is the stock hub size of the Dana 44 TTB HD? What considerations do I need to make when purchasing new wheels?

-Will 33" tires fit without any sort of lift? What width wheel/tire is appropriate?

3.jpg.7d5f503fa90755f983120cf986f36339.jpg

Matt - Welcome! Good to meet you. Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Don't miss the request to add a signature that tells us about your truck. It helps us give you the right answers if we know what it is.

Manhattan, huh? Spent a couple of years there back in the late 60's. Used to go up on Blue Hill, if I remember correctly. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Speaking of Manhattan, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you with your permission.

As for the truck, that sure looks nice. :nabble_smiley_good: But I'm not sure what you mean by "hub size". Are you asking for the size where the hub locks go in? Or where the hub go through the wheel? Or?

And 33" tires work nicely on Big Blue. In fact, I'm running LT285/75-R16's with no lift. (I'm actually doing a SAS/RSK installation, which will lift it some, but the tires worked nicely prior to that.)

Matt - Welcome! Good to meet you. Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Don't miss the request to add a signature that tells us about your truck. It helps us give you the right answers if we know what it is.

Manhattan, huh? Spent a couple of years there back in the late 60's. Used to go up on Blue Hill, if I remember correctly. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Speaking of Manhattan, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you with your permission.

As for the truck, that sure looks nice. :nabble_smiley_good: But I'm not sure what you mean by "hub size". Are you asking for the size where the hub locks go in? Or where the hub go through the wheel? Or?

And 33" tires work nicely on Big Blue. In fact, I'm running LT285/75-R16's with no lift. (I'm actually doing a SAS/RSK installation, which will lift it some, but the tires worked nicely prior to that.)

Hi Gary,

Thank you for the reply. Signature updated!

Please do add me to the map.

I'm actually new in Manhattan, maybe Blue Hill would be a good spot for me to take the wife :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

When I say hub size I'm referring to the diameter of the hub (this may not be the correct term). When buying new wheels I assume the diameter of the inside of the wheel must match the hub. Is that diameter the same for the front and rear?

hub.png.d33b50823b2d1798aa9a0654241ec967.png

Thanks for the feedback on the tires! Do you know what width rim I would have to go with to accommodate LT285/75?

Thank you,

Hi Gary,

I'm actually new in Manhattan, maybe Blue Hill would be a good spot for me to take the wife :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

When I say hub size I'm referring to the diameter of the hub (this may not be the correct term). When buying new wheels I assume the diameter of the inside of the wheel must match the hub. Is that diameter the same for the front and rear?

Thanks for the feedback on the tires! Do you know what width rim I would have to go with to accommodate LT285/75?

Thank you,

Well, I sit corrected. It is Bluemont Hill, not Blue Hill. It is now a "scenic overlook", and you are there. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for the hub opening on the wheels, I measure 4 7/8" on the spare to Big Blue. And it would be the same front and rear.

But, the size of the hub itself depend on which one you have. You say D44, and mine measures 3.875" on the hub. But the same wheels fit the D50 and the D60, and the D60 hub I'm installing on Big Blue measures 4.865".

Concerning wheel width, the thing I recommend is going to TireRack.com and comparing the exact tires you are considering. Here's a link that might work to the 285/75R16's. And if you then select 3 or 4 of them and hit Compare you'll see the info on the tires side by side. Then if you Click Detailed Specifications you see the nitty gritty details. And on the tires I have the wheels should be 7.5 - 9" wide.

Hi Gary,

Thank you,

Welcome to the forum! :nabble_waving_orig:

These are lug centric wheels and do not rely on the hub at all.

The pattern is 8 on 6 1/2"